The post-closing gearfast has commenced: NAD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: The post-closing gearfast has commenced: NAD

Post by Guitarbilly »

bonano wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:16 am Hope you don’t need AC. Or did you, and that’s why you’re at a hotel.

You moved again?

Is the SLX the diode-less JCM900?
The SLX is part of the 900 series, but it's a different preamp circuit altogether. It doesn't use clipping diodes and it has 12ax7s for gain.

I did buy a new house but it's in the same general area I ve been living in. We were living with my mother in law for the past few years to help her get situated financially after my wife's dad passed away. So it was a temporary thing. Her situation is stable now so it was time for us to get our own house again.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

I hope that living situation was not too stressful for anyone. I know living with people's parents can be a bit troublesome (even if you get along, but it is even worse if you do not).

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:11 am I hope that living situation was not too stressful for anyone. I know living with people's parents can be a bit troublesome (even if you get along, but it is even worse if you do not).
oh no, it was totally fine. No problems at all. But obviously, having our own place is a much better situation.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:05 am
Spaced Out Ace wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:11 am I hope that living situation was not too stressful for anyone. I know living with people's parents can be a bit troublesome (even if you get along, but it is even worse if you do not).
oh no, it was totally fine. No problems at all. But obviously, having our own place is a much better situation.
That's awesome! Good to hear.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Congrats!! On amp and house!!

Always wanted to try a 900
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

curious how this sounds, this is another amp ive always kinda wanted but just never found one at the right price at the right time

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

It's funny, I loved the SLX, but I'm hesitant about the MKiii. I'd like to give one a shot sometime, but don't necessarily want to buy one incase I don't feel the same way about it.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

The SLX is a bad ass amp! Congrats and looking forward to your opinion on it.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I had my first practice with this amp today. It's possibly a new favorite for me, as far as "modern" Marshalls go. It's close to the DSL but a bit thicker and smoother. It has more a that squishy feel of the older Marshalls. My next gig is in 2 weeks and I'll be using it for sure. Being a 50w it's also a little easier to carry and to get the power amp to saturate. It's not as loud as other 50w Marshalls I've had. Certainly not as loud as the 2204 or the 1987x but even DSL50s seem a bit louder than this amp. But it's definitely loud enough for anything. Main difference is I can go to 4 on the volume instead of 1-2 on the 2204.

I also had the chance to dial in the Precision Drive better and I think it's a keeper now. Sounded great with this amp in particular.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

this sounds like an amp id dig, i just love a bit of squish lol