The post-closing gearfast has commenced: NAD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

The post-closing gearfast has commenced: NAD

Post by Guitarbilly »

I went to Atomic Music today and they had a 50w Marshall SLX for $900. Tried it out and really liked it. I never had spent quality time with a SLX. Great sounding amp.
I talked them down to $750 and I had a $250 store credit so I got it for $500 out the door!!! :love:

Pics and clips coming soon because unfortunately the electric company turned the power off for the previous owner, instead of transferring it to my name even though I had put the transfer request in, so the house has no power until FUCKING TUESDAY and I'm in a hotel room until then :mad: :mad:

maggotspawn

Re: The post-closing gearfast has commenced: NAD

Post by maggotspawn »

Nice score. Congrats on the amp and new house.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Jesus christ lol. Did they at least get the internet on yesterday? Useless without power!!

The power company and water company both did this to me when I bought my house. The water company claimed no one was home, but we were home all day, so I called and yelled at like 3 people. They sent someone out. I don't remember what we did about power, but it came on later that day. I'm sure I was yelling at more idiots.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

I had a 100 watt SLX that has been my favourite Marshall I’ve owned so far. I turned all the knobs to noon and it was a great sound that worked really nicely with a band.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

ninjaraf wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:49 pm Jesus christ lol. Did they at least get the internet on yesterday? Useless without power!!

The power company and water company both did this to me when I bought my house. The water company claimed no one was home, but we were home all day, so I called and yelled at like 3 people. They sent someone out. I don't remember what we did about power, but it came on later that day. I'm sure I was yelling at more idiots.
Yeah they installed the internet yesterday. It was working great but yeah useless now without power.
I'll call them on Monday and see if they can turn it on the same day. They were close today so I had to make an appointment online and the earliest they had was Tuesday.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

macaronisalad wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:43 pm I had a 100 watt SLX that has been my favourite Marshall I’ve owned so far. I turned all the knobs to noon and it was a great sound that worked really nicely with a band.
I'm very impressed with it. It can get fuzzy on higher gain setting but for the amount of gain I usually use, it sounds awesome. I have both gain knobs at around 10 o'clock but I will play with it during practice.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

The SLX is a pretty bad ass amp. Definitely a Marshall but has a cool vibe going on. The dual gains are really cool. I had a Deliverance at the time and kinda approached the SLX the same way with the gains and it worked out well for me. Fun amp and a great price man. Enjoy!
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Mike Oxhuge

Post by Mike Oxhuge »

The best recorded thrash tones I ever got were a boosted 2204 with a OCD and GEQ in front hard left and a 100 watt SLX unboosted hard right. Great fucking amps. Congrats!

bonano

Post by bonano »

Hope you don’t need AC. Or did you, and that’s why you’re at a hotel.

You moved again?

Is the SLX the diode-less JCM900?

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

The SLX is a JCM900 if I'm not mistaken. I've contemplated getting a JCM900 of some sort. Probably a 50w.