The Friedman Plex is officially out

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
turbopablo

Re: The Friedman Plex is officially out

Post by turbopablo »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:40 pm
turbopablo wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:38 pm As more demos keep popping up, I get more excited. I need this amp in my life and I refuse to let the terrorists win anything.
exactly :lol: I feel the same way. It will be a while since I am recovering from the SLO purchase but it will definitely happen!
It sounds like a proper Plexi. As much as I love my Jube and 2204, my Superlead100 is the amp that got away from me. This should serve me well.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

turbopablo wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:46 pm
turbopablo wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:38 pm As more demos keep popping up, I get more excited. I need this amp in my life and I refuse to let the terrorists win anything.
exactly :lol: I feel the same way. It will be a while since I am recovering from the SLO purchase but it will definitely happen!
It sounds like a proper Plexi. As much as I love my Jube and 2204, my Superlead100 is the amp that got away from me. This should serve me well.
I didn't know you have a Jube. Or did I? either way agreed the 800 and Jube don't fill the Plexi gap at all.
Ukraine? Mykraine

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 pm
turbopablo wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:46 pm

I didn't know you have a Jube. Or did I? either way agreed the 800 and Jube don't fill the Plexi gap at all.
Plexi's are the Marshalls that actually roar. It's like the wooly mammoth of guitar amps.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Someone convince me I don't need this and should just a couple Synergy Plexi modules. Actually I don't really need either the Plex or the Plexi modules.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I mean we don't need anything but a decent guitar and amp :lol: it's always about what we want.

The Synergy Plexi modules are great though. They sound like a proper plexi. Feel is an entire different thing. There is something you get from a distorted power amp section that can't be replicated with a preamp. Do you need that? Only you can answer that lol

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Not sure I'd have the MVC high enough to distort.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:23 pm Not sure I'd have the MVC high enough to distort.
Well the MVC is post the phase inverter so you still get the PI to clip which is most of what power amp distortion actually is.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:29 pm
Spaced Out Ace wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:23 pm Not sure I'd have the MVC high enough to distort.
Well the MVC is post the phase inverter so you still get the PI to clip which is most of what power amp distortion actually is.
Interesting. Did not know that.

zozobra

Post by zozobra »

Yep. A lot of what we think of as power amp distortion is actually the phase inverter getting squishy. This is part of the reason that cathodyne phase inverters aren't so popular as they have a very different sound, which is either very clean or matamp wall of fog. The non-linearity from the power tubes has more of an effect on how the amp feels as it changes how the speakers are damped.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »