Incoming NAD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Re: Incoming NAD

Post by spawnofthesith »

:love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I'm not feeling it :lol:
Probably going to sell it lol

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Tbh rectos don’t really strike me as very “Billy” :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Tbh buying and selling shit randomly is very Billy :lol:

The saga continues

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:56 am I'm not feeling it :lol:
Probably going to sell it lol
Blend it with the Marshall. They're like Yin and Yang together.

Hard bypass the effects loop. The effects loop is the suck button on those things.

The treble* knob sets the overall response of the amp. I like mine at 1:00. I adjust the actual high end with the presence knob.

Passive pickups, bass at 9:00 - 10:00. EMG 81s, bass at 12:00.

That's most of my tips, although I'm not surprised the amp isn't your thing. Monster rhythm, not particularly good for lead.

* Rectos are interesting in that they don't actually have a treble knob. They have two midrange knobs and their ranges overlap, which is why they're interactive and the treble pot influences the voice so much. The actual "treble" is hardwired to start filtering somewhere around 4k if I remember correctly.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah the idea of blending 2 amps is cool but more work than I would want to deal with in a live setting. In the studio, that would be easy though.

I tried EL34s today and I like it a LOT better now. It took away the woofness and bumped the midrange a bit. I think I will keep it around for a little longer and see if I can make it work. It won't replace the Marshalls of course, but it could be a good high gain option to have on the side.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I love Rectos, coming from the Fender world, but DSLs/Marshalls are your thing. I'd recommend picking up another Metro because that was the best tone I've heard from you! I think it was that 2204 clone?
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:26 pm I love Rectos, coming from the Fender world, but DSLs/Marshalls are your thing. I'd recommend picking up another Metro because that was the best tone I've heard from you! I think it was that 2204 clone?
I never had a metro. Maybe you're talking about the Mojotone 2203? That's still here and yes it's my best sounding amp, along with the 1987x.

I like Mesas but I'm not sure this is the right one for me. I think I prefer the Mark series or even the Caliber/F series.

But I'll spend some time with it and see if I can get it to work for me. I think I like Channel 2 Vintage mode the best so far, especially with the EL34s.

I also thought I was going to have issues with the loop but it works fine with the TC Nova Repeater for delays :idk:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Yes, the mojotone! Sorry I can’t keep up with the whoring :lol:

I can definitely see the caliber 50 working for you. If you were local I’d suggest some trade action for my 50 cal and Thiele but shipping would suuuuuck :cry:
Ukraine? Mykraine