Quick Super Lead clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Quick Super Lead clip

Post by Guitarbilly »

I had a few minutes alone here and decided to make a quick clip of the new (to me) 1977 Super Lead I bought yesterday.

Never mind the playing as just woke up and I was rushing to record this before the family gets back home lol didn't have time to warm up or anything.
But THE TONE :love:

Started with the volume on 7, then boosted with the SD-1 then volume on 5

turbopablo

Re: Quick Super Lead clip

Post by turbopablo »

What more do you need.... That is "THE" tone.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Yeah that sounds great boosted and unboosted
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

That is THE TONE! God I love Marshall amps.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

classic

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

That’s glorious and easily one of the best tones I’ve heard from you to date! Perfect fit.
Ukraine? Mykraine

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

That'll do the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I called in an "emergency" band practice today just to try out the new amp :lol:

I put a small board together with a wah and the Boss CH-1 and SD-1. Super simple. I had to use my Hot Plate attenuator to keep the volume reasonable and it worked really well. Amp sounded glorious.

I'll take it to Pete Cage this week just to make sure everything is in good condition just for peace of mind, the amp sounds really good so I don't expect any issues. But it's an old amp so it's good to get it checked anyway. Once it's back I'm going to start recording the new album with it :cool:

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:06 am I called in an "emergency" band practice today just to try out the new amp :lol:

I put a small board together with a wah and the Boss CH-1 and SD-1. Super simple. I had to use my Hot Plate attenuator to keep the volume reasonable and it worked really well. Amp sounded glorious.

I'll take it to Pete Cage this week just to make sure everything is in good condition just for peace of mind, the amp sounds really good so I don't expect any issues. But it's an old amp so it's good to get it checked anyway. Once it's back I'm going to start recording the new album with it :cool:
If you NEED much more than that, you may be doing something wrong (unless you have a specific need, such as a delay for Flight of the Bumblebee or something).

Sounds like it has the sound. If you lived closer, I'd be begging you to let me try that sucker into my G12M-25 and G12H-30 Heritage 55hz loaded cab.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:05 am
Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:06 am I called in an "emergency" band practice today just to try out the new amp :lol:

If you NEED much more than that, you may be doing something wrong (unless you have a specific need, such as a delay for Flight of the Bumblebee or something).

Sounds like it has the sound. If you lived closer, I'd be begging you to let me try that sucker into my G12M-25 and G12H-30 Heritage 55hz loaded cab.
I'd love to try that cab!! I'm thinking about getting a Greenback cab again.

Yeah I don't need much with this amp, the tone is all there.
I think I may add a Phase 90 eventually but that's it.