Cesar "leaked" some new Mesa RIs

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Cesar "leaked" some new Mesa RIs

Post by spawnofthesith »

I guess this was a couple weeks ago now

Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Re: Cesar "leaked" some new Mesa RIs

Post by greatmutah »

Kinda want but I think these are gonna be stupid expensive. But these are both overdue. Although as much as I love 2 channel Rectos I sorta wonder if this is redundant given how good the MWs are.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

greatmutah wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:30 pm Kinda want but I think these are gonna be stupid expensive. But these are both overdue. Although as much as I love 2 channel Rectos I sorta wonder if this is redundant given how good the MWs are.
If the rectos arent priced into the stratosphere I could see them being competitive, but otherwise :idk:

Rev Gs aren't exactly unobtainium like a IIC+
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

“It’s not as good as the real deal” in 3...2...1...

I can’t tell what Mark that is if it’s a 2 or a 3, I’m terrible with those amps, but I will say that, prices aside, we 100% live in the golden age of gear. In fact, there are too many great choices and it makes it harder to just make a decision and go forward.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

This is cool. They will probably be expensive but I can't really hold Mesa responsible for that. If I'd made a product and 30 years later people were buying/selling it for $7k + I would reissue it at a high price too, if I had any business sense.

People kind of do this to themselves. These amps are cool but the prices they are selling are pretty crazy. At the end of the day it's a Mark and a Recto. Yes they're slightly different than the later ones but it's nothing that you can't get really close to with say a later version Mark and a regular 2-channel Recto.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

macaronisalad wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:57 am “It’s not as good as the real deal” in 3...2...1...

I can’t tell what Mark that is if it’s a 2 or a 3, I’m terrible with those amps, but I will say that, prices aside, we 100% live in the golden age of gear. In fact, there are too many great choices and it makes it harder to just make a decision and go forward.
It's a 2. The 3 has a Pull Rhytm 2 on the Middle knob.

It's probably the 2C+, it would not make sense to reissue another version, since that's the most coveted. But then again it's Gibson. :lol: