NPD! Birthday Pedal

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Re: NPD! Birthday Pedal

Post by greatmutah »

I made a clip of the Zoar. Using my Starla SE into the Zoar. Added a SD-1 after the first set of riffs. Vibrolux Reverb amp. Jensen Silverbirds. Volume at 4, Treble at 4.5, bass at 2.5. Normal channel, bright cap off. This thing has some cool fuzz-like qualities and the silverbirds put a nice grit into the midrange. Mic is just my Pyle 57 clone and I didn't even really look where I put it. I just tossed it in front of the speaker and said good enough.

More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Damn this sounds really nice :love:

Now I kinda want one
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:29 pm Damn this sounds really nice :love:

Now I kinda want one
Doesn’t it? It’s got some bassman meets orange type sludge going on here. It’s a cool pedal for sure. Treble control is weird. It’s less of a treble control and seems to shift the treble frequency while cutting bass. I don’t mess with it much past noon. The Silverbird speakers bring some nice great to this but don’t fall apart like the Webers did. This type of setup plus something like my Orange on the other side would be a sweet sludge/foom/stoner tone.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

That would be sick

Seems like it could be pretty versatile across other genres too, almost sound in between a fuzz and distortion and still very natural sounding

Some fuzz pedals quickly get you in the realm of "we're doing one thing and one thing only and you're either gonna love it or hate it" :lol:
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:42 pm That would be sick

Seems like it could be pretty versatile across other genres too, almost sound in between a fuzz and distortion and still very natural sounding

Some fuzz pedals quickly get you in the realm of "we're doing one thing and one thing only and you're either gonna love it or hate it" :lol:
Yeah this one has a lot more range than just “here’s the one thing. Love it or leave it.” It’s definitely got a cool vibe overall and does clean up nicely rolling back your guitar volume. Put some delay or verb on it and does some nice leads too. I’ve got the gain near maxed so it’s not super high gain but it does enough for what I’d use it for. Plus it takes boosts like a champ.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Moar Zoar. Bion Boost + Zoar. SG w/ P90s in Standard. C# is LP Studio 498T. Vibolux Reverb with Jensen Silverbirds. 57 Clone. None of these riffs should surprise anyone.

—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

greatmutah wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:24 pm Moar Zoar. Bion Boost + Zoar. SG w/ P90s in Standard. C# is LP Studio 498T. Vibolux Reverb with Jensen Silverbirds. 57 Clone. None of these riffs should surprise anyone.

:love: :love: :love:

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:07 pm
greatmutah wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:24 pm Moar Zoar. Bion Boost + Zoar. SG w/ P90s in Standard. C# is LP Studio 498T. Vibolux Reverb with Jensen Silverbirds. 57 Clone. None of these riffs should surprise anyone.

:love: :love: :love:
Really loving this Zoar man.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah that sounds great!!!! I need to check out this pedal. I hadn't heard of it until this thread. Very cool . It's like a fuzz that's not really a fuzz.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

That’s basically it man! It’s like a Bassman meets Orange meets Laney kinda thing. The EQ on it is cool but can be a little weird. The treble control after 12:30 starts cutting bass and mids so it seems to be FMV/TMB based. The Weight control is awesome. It gives notes a fuzz like effect to their lows. And it stacks with ODs and other pedals great. Used as a boost it’s really cool too. I love it with the Vibrolux but I think it would also be awesome with something like a 50s Bassman circuit or Marshall NMV circuit.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————