Jamming some Ratt

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Re: Jamming some Ratt

Post by greatmutah »

I just came off a Ratt kick hahaha. Great tune, great tones and great playing!
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

Damn, dude. Rockin'.

Ratt was one of those bands that EVERYBODY in the metal world seemed to dig, from hair-metal only to the deepest of death metal dudes. And for good reason. Those licks and riffs were always killer. And some of it's so complicated to play that even the tech-death bros sometimes give props over someone pullin' it off.

At any rate, nice job. Great feel even during the fast runs. :rawk:

I see you have one of those seen-everywhere lamps in the back corner. We have one of those out in our shed/shop. You see those things all over Hollywood productions. They even show up in that sci-fi weirdness Passengers, integrated into the wall panels and painted gold. The Office (US version) had dozens of them in the background. My wife and I have turned it into a game trying to spot them in the background so my eye instantly went to it when the video started. :lol:

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Sounds good man! Definitely in the ballpark with their style and playin.

My “relation” to Ratt was I was born in 78. So by mid 80s I was j to all things rock and metal of that era. Starting with 1984 by Vanhalen as a wee 5 or 6 yo. Not sure exactly when I got it but it was my first tape I ever wanted! And I was introduced to the thrash of that time also during this years. From 86 on. So I was still too young truly but I had Reign in Blood, Master of Puppets, etc etc, but there were 2 “hair metal” bands I really liked then too. Cinderella (I’ll still stand by Night Songs as being a real solid hard rock record) and numerous Ratt records during this time. Those were the two accessible bands I liked as a kid. So while it’s been decades since I actually spun Ratt, I still know these tunes really well and you did it right!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:24 am Sounds good man! Definitely in the ballpark with their style and playin.

My “relation” to Ratt was I was born in 78. So by mid 80s I was j to all things rock and metal of that era. Starting with 1984 by Vanhalen as a wee 5 or 6 yo. Not sure exactly when I got it but it was my first tape I ever wanted! And I was introduced to the thrash of that time also during this years. From 86 on. So I was still too young truly but I had Reign in Blood, Master of Puppets, etc etc, but there were 2 “hair metal” bands I really liked then too. Cinderella (I’ll still stand by Night Songs as being a real solid hard rock record) and numerous Ratt records during this time. Those were the two accessible bands I liked as a kid. So while it’s been decades since I actually spun Ratt, I still know these tunes really well and you did it right!
Hahaha this could've been posted by me, except I was born a bit earlier ('74). But yeah that was my childhood to a T :love: :lol:

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:34 am
Endtime wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:24 am Sounds good man! Definitely in the ballpark with their style and playin.

Hahaha this could've been posted by me, except I was born a bit earlier ('74). But yeah that was my childhood to a T :love: :lol:
Awesome! Yeah I still look back pretty fondly during those years. Even tho I was still really young I had started guitar at 8 , but didn’t really take it serious til 11-12, but still music was number one for me back then. The heavier shit like Slayer and destruction was due to an older kid who’s parents shipped him off to live with his single uncle, who was our neighbor. . He was 13yo with long hair and he had all this thrash shit. And since he had no friends, and back In Those days you just hang with your neighbors and I would be in his house feeding baby mice to his snake while blasting Slayer or some shit. That whole situation had a real effect on my 8 yo ass. Lol.

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

gibson5413 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:41 pm Nice job, Darren! Love that tune and your playing! I've been on a Ratt kick as of late.
thanks man!! I been jamming lotsa Ratt as well :)

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

greatmutah wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:15 pm I just came off a Ratt kick hahaha. Great tune, great tones and great playing!
thanks man!!

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

thanks man!! yeah Night Songs is kickin too, i need to relisten to that!!