Glad I didn't buy the Esh Greenman tribute

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
broslinger

Glad I didn't buy the Esh Greenman tribute

Post by broslinger »

So, this is the Peter Steele tribute bass. Looks killer.

Price seemed kind of reasonable at $2900.

Found out they aren't even made in Germany anymore. Made in Czech Republic.

I'm a fan of Eastern European stuff, but not for a $3k bass I don't need. :(

P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

greatmutah

Re: Glad I didn't buy the Esh Greenman tribute

Post by greatmutah »

I think Peavey is having their HP2s and Vandenbergs built in the Czech Republic. But yea that’s a lot of coin. Still looks freaking awesome though.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

Does it come with a case? Case of wine that is.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

That's an awesome looking bass. And the Czech Republic usually makes great instruments. But yeah the price is very high for what it is.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

greatmutah wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:17 pm I think Peavey is having their HP2s and Vandenbergs built in the Czech Republic. But yea that’s a lot of coin. Still looks freaking awesome though.
They want $3k for the Vandenbergs. There are other brands who give you more for $3k.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:36 am
greatmutah wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:17 pm I think Peavey is having their HP2s and Vandenbergs built in the Czech Republic. But yea that’s a lot of coin. Still looks freaking awesome though.
They want $3k for the Vandenbergs. There are other brands who give you more for $3k.
Indeed there are. I truly wonder how much longer Peavey will be in business.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

greatmutah wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:08 pm Indeed there are. I truly wonder how much longer Peavey will be in business.
Supposing that George Lynch was telling the truth, they went from domestic slave labor (prisons) to outsourced slave labor (China), after making promises to then employees on national TV where they looked terrible.

Not sure if anyone buys their new stuff, but they'll likely stay in business if the stuff above didn't run them into the ground.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:43 pm
greatmutah wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:08 pm Indeed there are. I truly wonder how much longer Peavey will be in business.
Supposing that George Lynch was telling the truth, they went from domestic slave labor (prisons) to outsourced slave labor (China), after making promises to then employees on national TV where they looked terrible.

Not sure if anyone buys their new stuff, but they'll likely stay in business if the stuff above didn't run them into the ground.
I don’t know how true that was about the labor but I do know that George was supposed to be the endorsement guy for the Triple XXX but according to George Hartley Peavey backed out of the deal (a good friend said George called HP a “decrepit old fuck” and this was back around 2006). Lynch wound up doing the Lynchbox deal with Randall anyway, which was a cool way of promoting the modular stuff they were doing then.

Back to Peavey I have no idea what actually sells for them these days. Most of their entry level gear is gone and their larger amps have been consolidated. I don’t know how their pro audio stuff does these days. The few guitars they have are ultra high end prices. I think it’s Spector’s factory in the Czech Republic that produces their instruments. Could be wrong. And Spector makes outstanding gear. But beyond that, no idea what they’re doing or how they’re staying afloat.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

greatmutah wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:21 pm I don’t know how true that was about the labor but I do know that George was supposed to be the endorsement guy for the Triple XXX but according to George Hartley Peavey backed out of the deal (a good friend said George called HP a “decrepit old fuck” and this was back around 2006). Lynch wound up doing the Lynchbox deal with Randall anyway, which was a cool way of promoting the modular stuff they were doing then.
I was under the impression George didn't want to do the deal, not the other way around. Whether or not George said that seems to be hearsay. Frankly, it could be a game of telephone or someone trying to nix the endorsement. I had the Lynchbox 412. I liked it, but couldn't transport it across the US when I moved.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:45 pm
greatmutah wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:21 pm I don’t know how true that was about the labor but I do know that George was supposed to be the endorsement guy for the Triple XXX but according to George Hartley Peavey backed out of the deal (a good friend said George called HP a “decrepit old fuck” and this was back around 2006). Lynch wound up doing the Lynchbox deal with Randall anyway, which was a cool way of promoting the modular stuff they were doing then.
I was under the impression George didn't want to do the deal, not the other way around. Whether or not George said that seems to be hearsay. Frankly, it could be a game of telephone or someone trying to nix the endorsement. I had the Lynchbox 412. I liked it, but couldn't transport it across the US when I moved.
It very well could have been the other way around. I do know there’s no love lost there between the two.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————