Friedman IR-D clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Caulk Rocket

Re: Friedman IR-D clip

Post by Caulk Rocket »

How does it sound with the SD-1 boosting it?

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I haven't tried that yet, I'll plug the SD1 in today and report back :)

heath

Post by heath »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:15 am The IR-X is based on the BE100 while the IR-D is based on the Dirty Shirley. So the IR-D is warmer and with less gain.

I didn't really like the IR-X, it sounded a bit shrill and too "direct". This one is really cool though.
I felt very much the same way with the IR-X. I ended up returning it for a Tonex pedal. The IR-D is a better fit for what and how I play. That Klon boost pushes it perfectly. I prefer this tone over the clip with the SD-1 personally.

Now off to the Tonex app to try a capture of the IR-D before I go and drop $500.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I had the Tonex too and I liked it a lot. But at the end of the day I was going through a bunch of profiles to find the ones I liked etc and I don't really like or want to do that, and I don't really need a lot of different tones.

The IR-D is more like an amp. I just plug it in, dial a few knobs and I'm ready to go. I plugged into the software just to check it out but honestly you don't even need to do that, the stock IRs are fine.
I also think you get a bit more organic sound with the tube front end. But the Tonex did sound really good too. I'm just a simpleton :lol:

heath

Post by heath »

I did the tonex because I could capture my own amps, but there are some high-quality profiles floating around their site. The IR-D profiles I just grabbed sound really good. I think the IR-D is going on the list of things to pick up. Its much more in the JCM800/goosed plexi sounds instead of the Friedman BE tone that just doesn't work for me.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah the Tonex is pretty good for that kind of stuff, captures etc. I just don't have the patience or desire to dive into all that lol
But it did sound great. Probably the best modeler I've tried so far.

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Dude that sounds great!