NGD - BC Rich Double Cut...huh?!?!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Zeegler

NGD - BC Rich Double Cut...huh?!?!

Post by Zeegler »

My first real guitar was an NJ Series BC Rich Bich. I ended up with three of them at one point. As such, I've always had a soft spot for BC Rich, but I haven't owned one in years. More recently I've really been into my SGs, but I've been interested in other double cuts. I've been close to pulling the trigger on a LP Jr DC a few times. I used to own a few Aria Cardinals, and lusted after a Gibson 335S for years, especially in silver burst.

So when this thing popped up for sale, it was a no brainer.

This is a BC Rich Marion. Made in China for the Japanese market. Alder body, or so I've been told, bolt on maple neck, and nice rosewood fingerboard. Cheap Chinese hardware.

It was ludicrously cheap, so I won't mind shelling out for some decent hardware for it, but it's a respectable little guitar as is. The tuners are trash, the nut is a joke, and the bridge is junk, but the thing plays great and actually sounds decent enough even with the generic Chinese pickups. I'm going to replace the tuners, make a bone nut, and might convert it to a TOM/tailpiece, as I've never really liked wraparound style bridges. We'll see. I have a set of Wolfetone pickups that I'll probably try in this guitar. I gotta change out those chrome knobs for black speed knobs too.

So this thing checked a few boxes for me all in one guitar.

BC Rich - check
Double Cut - check
Silver burst - check

How could I not buy it?

linthat22

Re: NGD - BC Rich Double Cut...huh?!?!

Post by linthat22 »

Have to agree with you, you got a helluva score and you're happy with it :thu:

I say great job and HNGD!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Really cool looking guitar. I hadn't seen one in ages!!!
Definitely a solid mod platform too.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Nice! Such restraint for a BC rich! :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband