Looking for a good basic loop switcher

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
eyeball987

Looking for a good basic loop switcher

Post by eyeball987 »

Looking for something easy to use and not too expensive. Currently running 3 or so different OD's and a chorus out front, and a Boss DD-500 and EQD Dispatch Master in the amps loop. Will probably only use this to turn on some combo of the DD-500 or Dispatch Master for leads, a little chorus here and there, and a boost or two. I don't really need it but not having to step on the delay, chorus, and boost to get into a lead and then again to get out would be nice.

broslinger

Re: Looking for a good basic loop switcher

Post by broslinger »

Used Boss MS-3 might get you there.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

I have looked at the Boss units in the past but they are way deeper and more expensive than what I need. I have the pedals that I want so no effects are needed in the unit. I am only looking for a little bit of flexibility so that I can set one button to turn on delay, another to turn on delay and a boost, another to turn on delay/ boost/chorus, etc... Stumbled across a used Disaster Area Devices DPC-8EZ Gen3 locally that looks like it would get it done, but it has way more stuff in it that I don't need.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

The most basic switcher you can buy these days is the Voodoo Labs Pedal Switcher Plus. Extremely simple to use, no menus or screens, just select the Pedal you want, press save choose a preset number, done.
The disadvantage is its a long pedal, so it may not fit your current board.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

The Voodoo labs could be an option, if I can find a used one. No need to pay $399 for something to make jamming at home a little bit easier. The width of the pedal is fine. I have the 32" Pedaltrain board that never leaves the music room.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Maybe the Joyo PXL8 or Pro? About $150 brand new. Since I am not going to be moving it around much, should hold up for what I want it to do. Still going to try to hunt down a used Voodoo Labs unit though. There are a few out there but still close to $300.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

eyeball987 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:48 pm Maybe the Joyo PXL8 or Pro? About $150 brand new. Since I am not going to be moving it around much, should hold up for what I want it to do. Still going to try to hunt down a used Voodoo Labs unit though. There are a few out there but still close to $300.
I don't have any experience with the Joyo switcher, but I've tried some of their pedals and they sounded good. That could be an option for home use.

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

You need a 4 cable method loop switch, the PLX PRO is the way to go. Carl Martin Octa-Switch the strip is another but expensive option.