NGD, Young me is proud

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
macaronisalad

NGD, Young me is proud

Post by macaronisalad »

I've always been a super strat guy, basically since the beginning of my time playing guitar. I have had a lot of great guitar, examples from all the "big names" in the game of the 80s/90s era. USA Jackson, Kramer, USA BC Rich, Ibanez, ESP.

But the one that never worked out was Charvel. And I will say now, its not an OG 80s one, but rather a 2005 USA, from right after Fender bought the company and was trying to resurrect things a bit.

The neck is simply perfection. I kind of want to set it to dive only, but I'm not in a panic to do that. Just enjoying things for the time being.

Bucket list guitar achieved.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

greatmutah

Re: NGD, Young me is proud

Post by greatmutah »

Dude these are awesome. These are pretty much on par with 80s era stuff in terms of build and quality. My 83 had a top mount Floyd added later (originally had a brass V-Trem) and it’s been set to float since before I had it. I love it and wouldn’t change it for anything. Congrats on a bad ass guitar.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Yes! My first real quitar, after the Yakima strat with EVH stripes on it, was a red Charvel with that same headstock. I still measure every guitar neck up against that one. Young me is proud of you too!

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

greatmutah wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:47 pm Dude these are awesome. These are pretty much on par with 80s era stuff in terms of build and quality. My 83 had a top mount Floyd added later (originally had a brass V-Trem) and it’s been set to float since before I had it. I love it and wouldn’t change it for anything. Congrats on a bad ass guitar.
Thanks! I am inclined to agree. Being familiar with the USA Jacksons from the time, and knowing that the shop was largely the same guys at the time. I definitely don't feel like "its not legit because its not from the 80s"

Should there ever be a GGF fest around Detroit, I'll have to bring it and we can see how they compare.

And I suppose I should clarify, I have had a bunch of MIJ Charvels. Along with the 2010 MIJ Socal I currently have, I had a Model 1, Model 5FX, 475 Deluxe Exotic, and I think something else that I'm forgetting, but maybe not. I had never had a USA Charvel, and the only one that I played was a 2008 Pro Mod Style 2 (Tele Body), and this thing is way better.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Yooooo. That is an amazing guitar.

I had the black 1 Hum and it was probably the best 6 string I've ever played. Regret selling that one.

Curious how much that ran? Don't see these often

I believe these were actually made by the custom shop workers if I'm not mistaken.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

It was listed for just under 2K USD, I didn't pay that much. I did a trade + some cash, and have in the ballpark of $1200 US into it.

And yes, my understanding is the same. These were handbuilt by the Custom Shop team to fairly "Standard" specs at the time, to try to make Charvel mean something again after Fender buyout. Info here in this pricelist.

https://guitar-compare.com/wp-content/u ... celist.pdf

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

looks great!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Damn that is :love: :love: . I love Snakeskin finishes. There is a Snakeskin Soloist at Atomic Music but they want $3.5k for it :(
This one is just perfect though. I like everything about it. Congrats man. That's a bucket list guitar alright.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Totally cool!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! :party:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

macaronisalad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:57 pm
greatmutah wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:47 pm Dude these are awesome. These are pretty much on par with 80s era stuff in terms of build and quality. My 83 had a top mount Floyd added later (originally had a brass V-Trem) and it’s been set to float since before I had it. I love it and wouldn’t change it for anything. Congrats on a bad ass guitar.
Thanks! I am inclined to agree. Being familiar with the USA Jacksons from the time, and knowing that the shop was largely the same guys at the time. I definitely don't feel like "its not legit because its not from the 80s"

Should there ever be a GGF fest around Detroit, I'll have to bring it and we can see how they compare.

And I suppose I should clarify, I have had a bunch of MIJ Charvels. Along with the 2010 MIJ Socal I currently have, I had a Model 1, Model 5FX, 475 Deluxe Exotic, and I think something else that I'm forgetting, but maybe not. I had never had a USA Charvel, and the only one that I played was a 2008 Pro Mod Style 2 (Tele Body), and this thing is way better.
If there’s ever a gear fest around here, absolutely you should. I’ll bring both of mine and some loud amps to crank.

I had a Model 4 that was cool but the neck felt way too thin. I also had an 86 Jackson labeled San Dimas (late year Charvel. Charvel neck plate and SN but Jackson branding on the headstock because of the IMS deal) that was cool but weighed a ton because it was solid flame maple haha. I actually play my MIM So Cal a ton. Just a great guitar to have and play. I modded it to HSS and I love it that way.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.