New Crowded House

Talk about your favorite records, bands, shows and anything you can think of that is related to music
linthat22

New Crowded House

Post by linthat22 »

Welp, I tried giving this new album a spin, same with the previous one and while it's better than the previous album, this one is weak as hell. Maybe 4 songs if you try, but the rest are awful. Even Neil Finns last solo album was garbage. Not sure if he's ran out of creative juice, but just like Sting.......now might be the time to hang it up.

Below is a YouTube playlist for their new album Gravity Stairs. I'd be curious as to what y'all think.

linthat22

Re: New Crowded House

Post by linthat22 »

So far, I've enjoyed the songs Howl and Teenage Summer. For the latter, I swear I'm hearing a tune from either the 60's or 70's during the rhythm portion.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I've listened to a good chunk of the playlist, and I didn't think it was bad, nice and mellow, had on while at work. I was never really into Crowded House and only knew them from Don't Dream It's Over so I'll have to check out all their other albums.
I preferred Split Enz , but mostly the stuff with Phil Judd, before Neil joined.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

Who in their right mind expects a Crowded House album to be good? :freak: Probably someone who posts Kurt Russell death hoaxes :cop: :lol:

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

jiveturkey wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:55 pm Who in their right mind expects a Crowded House album to be good? :freak: Probably someone who posts Kurt Russell death hoaxes :cop: :lol:
:lol:

I love me some Crowded House and Kurt Russell! I think I actually own all their albums, minus singles. Also, if you ever check out the director commentary track on Big Trouble in Little China, it's awful. John Carpenter and Kurt talking about taking their kids to soccer practice :facepalm:

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:33 pm I've listened to a good chunk of the playlist, and I didn't think it was bad, nice and mellow, had on while at work. I was never really into Crowded House and only knew them from Don't Dream It's Over so I'll have to check out all their other albums.
I preferred Split Enz , but mostly the stuff with Phil Judd, before Neil joined.
If you don't feel like perusing all their albums, they have a decent greatest hits album that highlights more of their stronger tracks from them.

I have a Split Enz greatest hits and I couldn't get into them as much as I wanted to. I might need to check out the earlier stuff with Phil Judd singing, thank you for mentioning that :thu:

Have you checked out much of the solo stuff from Tim Finn?

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Yeah I'll definitely check out their greatest hits. The Phil Judd era was definitely a lot of theatrics, this is probably one of my favorite songs, it's so out there, especially for the time it came out.

Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:01 pm Yeah I'll definitely check out their greatest hits. The Phil Judd era was definitely a lot of theatrics, this is probably one of my favorite songs, it's so out there, especially for the time it came out.

Now that's where they get it! I can see where the musicality of the band came from, thank you! I'm definitely gonna have to deep dive into the early stuff.