Boss GX-100

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
jamminjohn

Boss GX-100

Post by jamminjohn »

Just wondering if anybody uses one regularly in their set up. What do you like about it, has it helped you with your sound?

I've had mine for 18 months, or so, and recently done some serious deep diving to really understand the inner workings.

Honestly, I think this unit is fargin' fantastic. Been able to make my main sound (clean and dirty), and have other fx ready at the toe
to add other fx as needed.

The fx are pretty good, especially in stereo. Running it into two Katana amps.

You got one?

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Boss GX-100

Post by Guitarbilly »

I wasn't aware of it until now. I had the GT1000 for a while and liked it. This seems like it's a simplified version of it... I bet it sounds good. Hard to go wrong with Boss effects.
I'd think the Katana has a lot of the same sounds though? What does the GX offers that the Katanas can't do?

jamminjohn

Re: Boss GX-100

Post by jamminjohn »

Yes, a lot of the same sounds in both units, but when running two amps, I run one dry and chorus on the other. Then with the GX plugged in, the sounds are just so good. Yes, it doesn't sound like a tube amp, but I can do damn near anything with the GX.

I really like the rotary and slow/ fast speed controls. You can tweek all the parameters in all the effects and get them just right.

I had the MS-3, wasn't for me. I have a ME-90. It's ok, but it's for sale. Don't think I'll ever go up to the Kemper level, the GX can do it all for me, for now.

The GX has so many features and you can do so much within one patch and use it all night. Or set up so many other patches.