INPD: Boss Can’t Fail At EVERYTHING, Can They?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
andvari7

INPD: Boss Can’t Fail At EVERYTHING, Can They?

Post by andvari7 »

Good morning,

Until Boss can make their own proper version of the Sansamp stuff - I use a Tech 21 Liverpool Deluxe, for context - I can’t have the all-Boss board of my current desire. At present, I don’t, because their wah pedal game has never been particularly good, but I will claim complete ignorance, when it comes to the PW-3, their current product. I would try the PW-1, but it’s A. Bigger than I want it to be, and B. Out of production, with few to no options to repair it, should it break. The PW-10 V-Wah was not a good product, so that has colored my opinion of Boss’ Wah pedals.

But, is it Boss, or is it me? To find out, I ordered a used PW-3 off of Reverb, for just north of $75, which is the cheapest one I could find. It will probably arrive next week. I’ll check out some YouTube videos, which will teach me nothing, and I will probably have to rearrange my board. If it turns out that I like it, I might take the FT-2 off of the main board, and create a bass board, which is something I am trying to avoid. I have been hell-bent on making this all-encompassing, pedalboard-based rig concept work, and it might just be easier not to try. Actually, the easier thing would be to go back to modelers, but I won’t be buying a Quad Cortex, until they address the issues associated with it.

Thank you.