Les Paul custom bridge pickup suggestion

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
turbopablo

Re: Les Paul custom bridge pickup suggestion

Post by turbopablo »

Endtime wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:19 pm
turbopablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:12 pm I have read that he only likes to actually deal with his famous customers/endorsers.
Seems likely. And even those have seemingly dried up. Don’t hear his shit spoken about at all anymore. And I haven’t looked in years but I would bet everything but my last dollar that his site STILL isn’t updated!?!! Haha
His website does look like it requires AOL hours.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:10 pm Yeah, pretty ridiculous. I have loved his pickups. His Hell Baby was my favorite for years, although you can't get those anymore because materials or some shit lol. But the Nuke and Afwayu are also awesome. Too bad he can't get this part of things together. But I guess he also doesn't really give a shit.
Yeah he’s “secretly sourced” special materials in some of his. That sounds like total bullshit. It prolly was him literally ripping off some other pickup and he didn’t want it out for too long that eventually word would get out or something. But this special Detroit “Ore” that is so rare he only could source $40 worth of material?? In todays world they have shit so rare it can’t be found again?? And it was from Detroit? Haha. People used to be so gullible. Cause it’s like yeah I guess why would he be making this shit up? Then you see how he ran his company and how he dealt with people and it’s exactly what his dork ass would do

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I have an SD Pegasus in my LP standard and it absolutely rips, love that thing

But if you're looking for something more classic I'll throw in another vote for a pearly gates
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Wade makes a great product but yeah he’s awful to get ahold of or work with. I try to stick to used anymore when I can. Which is why I’m just watching Reverb and the forums for a zebra 2nd Degree Blackbelt. And I’m not in a huge hurry on that because it’s for a parts build I’m getting things together for. Shame his customer service and communication sucks but that is what it is at this point I guess.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.