The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Re: The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

Post by greatmutah »

Marc G wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:19 pm damn... this is great news..... maybe the studio Jube might be on the table again
Yeah the studio Jubilee just got a bit more affordable. And that’s the one Marshall circuit I want that I don’t have.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

JSutter wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:42 pm Nice! This is going to make so many private resellers/flippers mad.
Honestly, I don't care :lol:

When people say used prices are inflated.... yes they are, because WE are inflating them.

I get trying to get the most out of your money, but then when you go buy more used gear you are spending more too, so it makes no sense.
Now, the vintage/collectors market, that's a whole different business. But we could all be trading used Gibson Les Pauls for $1300, used USA strats for $800, Marshalls for like $1k and we would all having a better experience with used gear.

It's not some crazy external force that drive used prices up. WE do that. It's great when you're selling, but then when it's your turn to buy something, you get the same hose you stuck up someone else's ass. This is why I am doing most of my deals with Atomic these days because they are fair when paying for my used gear and fair when selling me stuff. The Reverb market is so overpriced these days it's hard to get anything from there. Musicians are the champions of shooting themselves in the foot.

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

For years I've wanted a JTM45 and one or two 1960s with greenbacks, but the price has always put that idea out of reach.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah the JTM45 is $1950 now. Still not a cheap amp but not bad for an UK made Marshall.

This should put the used ones around $1500, which is pretty awesome.

I'll probably buy one eventually but I want the 100w first...

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

For me, it's the idea of using a 30w amp through a relatively inefficient cab.

That said, one of my guitarists is using a 2555SL and it sounds so fucking good... if I were to buy a 100w Marshall, that's the way I think I would go.

2tallmusic

Post by 2tallmusic »

Good to see Marshall being back in a much more reasonable price range in the US

These days Mesa amps got listed again in Europe and their prices are now around +50% up compared to 21/22 when they started to disappear from the European market

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I don’t like Marshall’s but I like this price reduction precedent!

Mesa prices have nearly doubled in the US in the last few years, too, so I’d expect EU pricing to be even more off the rails.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

This is excellent news. Hope the used prices go down as well.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I also heard some rumblings that the new owners are getting rid of their amp stock and killing off all amps, but I’ll believe it when I see it. I know there was that recent soundbite about how the amp sales only make up about 5% of the current revenue, but that just sounds dumb that they would just focus on selling mini fridges and Bluetooth speakers.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Adrian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:51 pm I also heard some rumblings that the new owners are getting rid of their amp stock and killing off all amps

Marshall does make a lot more money from headphones sales these days but they're NOT killing off their amp line, quite the contrary, there are some really cool things coming up in the near future.