The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

Post by Guitarbilly »

I've known this for a few months now but I couldn't say anything until the official change because my contact at Marshall told me not to.

But effective today, the new Swedish Marshall owners are handling USA distribution directly and prices are coming down a LOT For example:

2203x is going from $3500 to $2250
1987x is going from $2700 to $1950
1959hw is going from $3900 to $2500
All Studio series 20w heads are now $1300
DSL100HR from $1200 to $829
100w Jubilee now $1899

Etc etc this affects the entire line but some amps have a higher cut than others. The flagship amps are still not exactly cheap - and I don't think they should be - but they're much more reasonable and competitive now.

Also, all the UK 100w heads come with an amp cover now by default but you will have the option to opt-out of getting the cover and get an extra $50 off.

And no this is not an April's fools post, here's the Sweetwater listing for the 2203x with the new pricing

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... with-cover

And the 1959hw

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -tube-head

Bear in mind it will still take a while for stock to be replenished since they're in the process of transferring everything over but still, this is great news and kudos to Marshall's new management team for doing this. It's not often that a company acquisition brings the prices down. Quite the contrary. So this needs to be acknowledged. Much respect to them for doing this.

Fucking FINALLY!!!

sahlomonic

Re: The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

Post by sahlomonic »

I still think the bread and butter single channel Marshall amps (2203/2204/1987/1959/etc) should all be below the $2k mark, but this is a great start.

DSL pricing is now extremely reasonable. I can't wait for all of this to translate to the used market, and hopefully soon.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

This is good news. I see JVM prices and cab prices have also dropped. No reason a 1960A should cost more than a 6505 cab. I see the AV cabs are a bit more expensive but $1259 vs $1899 is a huge improvement.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

“April fools”

(I did see the note about not not being an April fools joke, and I know it’s not, but you know) :lol:
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

:love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Wow… This is a rare occurance in any walk of life, let alone music gear. Prices come DOWN! But Marshall’s we’re getting nuts. The shop I tech at Carries Marshall and when a DSL 40 watt combo that I believe was $499 just 4-5 years ago was a grand? Can’t help but say, Nah, Fuck that!

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

damn... this is great news..... maybe the studio Jube might be on the table again
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

I think this is great news. But, were I shopping for a Marshall. I'm still most likely going with Ceriatone.

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

Nice! This is going to make so many private resellers/flippers mad.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

turbopablo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:23 pm I think this is great news. But, were I shopping for a Marshall. I'm still most likely going with Ceriatone.
I totally get that since they're still cheaper and they're great amps. But Marshall, to me, is a bit like Gibson and Fender where it's cool to have the originals. Don't me wrong, I have a Mojotone 2203 clone here that I love and it's probably my best amp. But Ilike owning my 1987x or even the DSLs.

I am going to save up for the 1959HW for sure. Handwired, 100w plexi for @2500? Yes, please.
I might pickup a 2203x too if the used prices go down a little, which they should.

Again, nothing wrong at all with Ceriatone, but I love Marshalls. :lol: