So I finally got a multi effects/modeler

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Bubbastain

So I finally got a multi effects/modeler

Post by Bubbastain »

And pretty much the simplest one I've ever seen. I don't think it has officially been released yet, but it is for sale. It's the Mooer Prime S1. So I guess it's very similar to the Prime P1/P2 only with a built in foot switches. It runs of an internal rechargeable battery and uses a app to control everything. Without the app you can't do anything except adjust the output volume.
I watched a couple of videos of the P2 and that's all I had to do to start using it. I like the drag and drop signal chain on the app. Lots of amps, cabs, effects even though I will only use a couple at most. I pretty much just want it to sound within the same ballpark as my amp.

I made a quick couple of presets on bank 1. A. Is a JCM 800 either the EVH 5150 4x12 IR. B. Is the same but with a 808 style boost. C. Is the same as B, but added a little delay.
I'm going out of the S1 into my UA Volt 1 and straight into my iPhone. Once I get the USB C to Lightning adapter I should be able to go straight into my phone for video clips.

Yarbicus

Re: So I finally got a multi effects/modeler

Post by Yarbicus »

Interesting! Sounds great. Haven't seen this one before.

Landshark

Re: So I finally got a multi effects/modeler

Post by Landshark »

i had the big Mooer GE300 ... I loved everything about it, except for the tones (and the editor - looked like it was software from the 90's). it had that "dead, lifeless" tone and no feel, and reminded me of my Line6 Vetta II amp. always tweaking it, and next day sounded horrible and more tweaking, and that wasn't even using IR's ... i ran it 4CM into tube amps.

i really like the Hotone Ampero stuff for amp models. the amps sound pretty good right out of the gate with minimal tweaking, and have a good "feel" that makes you want to keep playing vs. constantly making adjustments.

that clip does sound good, though ... maybe Mooer fixed some things :idk: