Marshall is revamping their US distribution

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Marshall is revamping their US distribution

Post by Guitarbilly »

So this morning I was speaking with a friend who works for a music store and he said Marshall has terminated their contract with Exertis/JAM/US Music and they will be handling US distribution directly. They sent him a new dealer agreement and mentioned there will be a new price list coming soon.

This COULD be good news since their US pricing was awful due to the huge distributor markups. Or maybe not and prices will stay high. But I don't see how they can be doing well selling JCM900 Reissues for $2700 for example. We'll see.

spawnofthesith

Re: Marshall is revamping their US distribution

Post by spawnofthesith »

Hopefully this is good news. Marshall would be a lot more appealing as a brand if their US pricing was even vaguely closer to UK pricing
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Here’s hoping for the best to come out of this.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Great. Have a bonus coming this Friday and was really trying to not buy anything like I usually do during bonus and tax season! I keeping an eye out for a good long term keeper #2 guitar. Everything else I have is expendable at the moment.

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Sounds good to me. Prices are wack for new Marshalls.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Very cool! I’m thinking I will likely move my LP along shortly, and I’m not opposed to putting that money into a Marshall if they make it reasonable.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

I hated dealing with JAM when I needed a pc board for my Jubilee. They suck cheese balls!
Hopefully, the Swedes will make changes for the better... it won't be difficult.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Telephant

Post by Telephant »

$2700 for a 900? Dont get me wrong I can dig on a 900 but fuck I remember them being dirt cheap back in the day.

bonano

Post by bonano »

Guitarbilly wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:40 pm selling JCM900 Reissues for $2700
Why are JCM900s not revered as much as their predecessors? I was looking at the schematic and it unsurprisingly deviates from an all-tube circuit. But it has reverb and an effects loop. Seems more complicated too with transistors and diodes.

There's one selling locally for $900 without a reverb tank.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

bonano wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:34 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:40 pm selling JCM900 Reissues for $2700
Why are JCM900s not revered as much as their predecessors? I was looking at the schematic and it unsurprisingly deviates from an all-tube circuit. But it has reverb and an effects loop. Seems more complicated too with transistors and diodes.

There's one selling locally for $900 without a reverb tank.
Yeah the preamp uses a lot of transistors for the gain stage instead of a pure tube path. They sound very different than what's considered a "classic" Marshall. I think these are the main reasons. But I actually like them a lot. I think they're cool amps for hard rock and metal. But it's probably not the best choice if your looking for say early Zeppelin etc..