What’re y’all digging on for dirt pedals these days?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Chris Z

Re: What’re y’all digging on for dirt pedals these days?

Post by Chris Z »

OCD and Tumnus

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Maxon OD808X for me. It just works so perfectly for boosting a high gain amp.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

Still doing the Klon thing with a Archer Ikon. It's become my all time favorite drive.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

turbopablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:24 pm Still doing the Klon thing with a Archer Ikon. It's become my all time favorite drive.
How do you set it? Do you run it into another drive/distortion pedal or into an already pissed off amp?

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:10 pm
turbopablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:24 pm Still doing the Klon thing with a Archer Ikon. It's become my all time favorite drive.
How do you set it? Do you run it into another drive/distortion pedal or into an already pissed off amp?
Gain about 10 o'clock. Volume and tone to taste. I run it on it's own into whatever.

Beef

Post by Beef »

Love this thread. Love hearing what everyone’s using these days.
Wu-Tang is for the children.

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

after getting the Friedman this week and testing out a few of my dirt pedals surprisingly but not so surprisingly the TS-9 really worked well with the gain channel, so thats back on my board.... I'm giving the Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive a try for low gain pushed tones on the clean channel.... EP booster is a staple of my board so that's there too
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Marc G wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:18 pm after getting the Friedman this week and testing out a few of my dirt pedals surprisingly but not so surprisingly the TS-9 really worked well with the gain channel, so thats back on my board.... I'm giving the Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive a try for low gain pushed tones on the clean channel.... EP booster is a staple of my board so that's there too

Oh man I used to GAS so hard for a SHOD… kinda forgot about them. BRB checking reverb :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

spawnofthesith wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:36 am
Marc G wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:18 pm after getting the Friedman this week and testing out a few of my dirt pedals surprisingly but not so surprisingly the TS-9 really worked well with the gain channel, so thats back on my board.... I'm giving the Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive a try for low gain pushed tones on the clean channel.... EP booster is a staple of my board so that's there too

Oh man I used to GAS so hard for a SHOD… kinda forgot about them. BRB checking reverb :lol:
it's a great pedal.... it has SO much gain on tap... I like using it with a clean or cleanish amp or channel... didn't really like it for boosting the dirty channel on the Friedman
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Speaking of boosts and Friedman, I want to try my Golden Pearl and Buxom Boost into my Synergy OS modules (clean and overdrive channels).