Remember when the SLX was going to dethrone the DSL?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Remember when the SLX was going to dethrone the DSL?

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:42 am
Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:53 pm Seriously it's a bit too thick/heavy sounding for me. It works well on some of our stuff but for the more classic AC/DC is type of stuff we do it's too much. It would be a great metal amp.

The lead tones are awesome though, if I had acrew to move stuff, I'd put both amps on a case with a switche,r..
Are you going to sell the SLX?
Yeah probably. We're going to start recording the new album next month and I want to have it around to record some parts, especially solos, but after that I'll probably let it go.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

isnt this thing just a jose mod of sorts??

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

RaceU4her wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:48 am isnt this thing just a jose mod of sorts??
No I don't think it is. It sounds different than a Jose. Darker and smoother, without the aggressive top end of the Jose's. If I had to compare it to another brand, I'd say it's close to a Bogner in tone, but I don't know if the circuit is similar.

colejustesen

Post by colejustesen »

I am not going to lie, I was kind of underwhelmed by the SL-X. It sounded good, but the DSL is definitely better to my ears. I will take my Rivera amps with their British sound over the SL-X all day.

Cole

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

ITT Billy, once again, admits to what we've always known about him.

The wheels on the bus go round and round...