NGD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

NGD

Post by ninjaraf »

I was trying to wait to post this because I have something else coming, but UPS damaged it in shipping, but since the forum got a weird reset, I fuck it lol.

I got this Dean Vengeance. It is pretty badass, once I got it set up and pulled the Fishmans out. Replaced them with a Duncan Omega/Alpha set that I already had.

My other guitar player bought the matching explorer, and it is equally as badass as the V.

These guitars have really surprised me. They have a similar neck to LTDs, but the V sits and moves like a Jackson King V. I always found the King V body a little bit small for me, so this bumps up that size, but keeps the same feel. The KV was always a guitar that felt maneuverable and sat exactly where I wanted it for live playing, and this matches that. So they took a lot of what I love about ESP and Jackson and merged those features together. Only 2 things I would change...1. the stock pics had the finish looking a lot more see through black vs the more natural color you see in these pics. I would prefer it to be more black, obviously lolol. 2. Reverse headstock.

Anyway...highly recommend! I also ordered the matte black one. It came in on Monday and one of the wing tips was completely fucked, so I exchanged it yesterday, but now I have to wait again.

I don't think I mentioned all this stuff too much, either, but I've been swapping amps around again. I really missed the EVH after hearing some clips, so I ditched all the Synergy crap and grabbed a 100S again. Then I got a good deal on a 50 watt off Reverb, but it was damaged in shipping, too. Fucking hell lol. Reverb gave me a $426 refund, so the amp ended up costing just under $375 shipped. Worked great, but some cracked knobs which I am replacing, and bent transformer tabs. The headshell seems off, too. Like the front plate, you really have to work to get it off, and when I move the amp around, I can hear the wood creaking lol. I also got this KSR 212 for xmas. Has a Mesa V30 and a Redback in it. And the Suhr Reactive Load. Since the Mesa is now gone, I wanted to keep the DI/load functionality, though I do have a Driftwood reactive load coming tomorrow, so we will see which one I keep.

EDIT: Update! So the black one came in. UPS fucked it up, so I had to take it back to GC and swap it for another one. Which meant another week of shipping time. Came in all good, though!

Last edited by ninjaraf on Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

macaronisalad

Re: NGD

Post by macaronisalad »

Busy times! Those guitars look sweet. Nice to get the first one out of the way for the new board. haha
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Damn! That thing looks awesome! I’ve been loving my LTD KH-602 so I know what you mean about the necks. Just a great playing guitar. So if the Dean neck feels like that, then that’s awesome. Looks like they kept the Mustaine/KV1 control layout too. I really dig these.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

nice!
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

Love this finish \m/

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I've always had good luck with Deans, pretty much every one I played was good or great. I love the finish on this one, especially the binding. Looks killer!!!

Glad to see you back to EVH. :lol: I am going to buy another 50w soon. For the price, tone and features, it makes no sense NOT to have one.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I really dig the overall look on both guitars. By the way, what happened with the Mark VII? You seemed to be really jiving with that amp.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I do love the mark series. And the VII is probably the best of that. But I have my complaints about it. I wish they used the JP platform. 2 EQs and shred mode. And I wish they took away these stupid modes and just made it clean, 2c, and iv for the 3 channels. The amp has a million sounds and I use 2. So the simplicity of the 5150 stuff works better for me in that regard. But I also just love the 5150 sound more than anything else.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

those look awesome

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

ninjaraf wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:18 pm I do love the mark series. And the VII is probably the best of that. But I have my complaints about it. I wish they used the JP platform. 2 EQs and shred mode. And I wish they took away these stupid modes and just made it clean, 2c, and iv for the 3 channels. The amp has a million sounds and I use 2. So the simplicity of the 5150 stuff works better for me in that regard. But I also just love the 5150 sound more than anything else.
100% of all of this. The doubling up of modes that don't need doubling up was a dumb move imo. I don't need 2 awesome modes on one channel only so I have to pick one or other other while each channel has Fat Clean and Crunch or wtever :broken: