Amp Plugins

Discussions about the latest digital rigs: Modeling, IRs, DAWs, Plug-ins... even Synths and E-Drums! If has 100110111, it belongs here!
Chris Z

Amp Plugins

Post by Chris Z »

Whats everyone using currently? I have alot to try, but so far the Mercurial Amp Box and STL Toneality are kicking ass.

Amp box has an Bogner XTC and 5150 Stealth that sound ridiculously good, STL has a 5150 and a Bogner Uber I think it is, plus some Marshall that are excellent.

For context I have been using my Friedman Angled and Straight cabs with Greenbacks for everyone to keep a control over variances in IRs. I don't even use stock IRs. When I dive deeper, I'll use the Friedman 4x12 with GB and V30's.

There is a document that shows the best input gain for plugins, its a pdf, is there anyway I can upload it, or I can email it?

Marc G

Re: Amp Plugins

Post by Marc G »

I just got the Two Notes Genome and I'm really impressed so far, need to use it more to see if its just a new toy I'm liking or if it's really just that good
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

JasonP

Post by JasonP »

Chris Z

Post by Chris Z »

Yeah, that's it. Thanks for posting that.

it made a world of difference. The besting thing I ever did was turn the input gain to zero on my interface. I don't know why they tell you to put it up until it starts clipping. That's why everything I used to play sounded so fizzy.

Ryandistortion

Post by Ryandistortion »

Well. I'm glad I decided to click this thread. Gonna go sort my shit and see what's up!

MVP JasonP

Ryandistortion

Post by Ryandistortion »

And to answer OP, I've been on all neural dsp, so far. Their suites really scratch my 1:1 amp experience and also just sound fantastic. Mark IIC suite was amazing to see as I once owned a Mark III and it was really like have a Mark series in your computer. I mostly use the Petrucci suite because his core tone is line with mine and there are a lot of effects and big verbs/delays.

Chris Z

Post by Chris Z »

Ryandistortion wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:31 pm And to answer OP, I've been on all neural dsp, so far. Their suites really scratch my 1:1 amp experience and also just sound fantastic. Mark IIC suite was amazing to see as I once owned a Mark III and it was really like have a Mark series in your computer. I mostly use the Petrucci suite because his core tone is line with mine and there are a lot of effects and big verbs/delays.
I have a few Neural DSP Plugins I've yet to try

and this Neural amp modeler is pretty decent.
Screenshot 2024-02-10 152149.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-10 152149.jpg (224.05 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
Screenshot 2024-02-10 151504.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-10 151504.jpg (136.09 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

I have too many. Right now genome is getting the most use.

My plugin list:
Tonex
Amplitube 4/5
Nam , built into genome
Helix
Amp box
Spark
Guitar rig

And probably some others I have forgotten about.

Guitar