5150 with H9 Micropitch plugin

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
macaronisalad

Re: 5150 with H9 Micropitch plugin

Post by macaronisalad »

greatmutah wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:36 pm Ahhh ok. If it was 1600 CAD that wouldn’t be bad at all! 1600 USD is a little different haha. 1800 wouldn’t be a bad offer for the whole setup though. I miss the early 2000s where 5150s and 6505s alike were still plentiful and cheap.
Absolutely. I have a harder time pulling the trigger on stuff than I perhaps should because its double the money it "should be" in my head :lol:
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

The H90 would be cool if you could run more than two algorithms at a time. Especially for $900.

The sound in Keiji's clip is awesome, no doubt.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:57 pm The H90 would be cool if you could run more than two algorithms at a time. Especially for $900.

I've yet to run in to a scenario where I need more than 2 algorithms at once. Most are made up of several effects that work together as one algorithm.

Like the Spring algorithm has spring reverb and tremolo similar to what a Fender combo would have. Most of the reverbs and have delays integrated in...

One of the best pieces of gear I've ever purchased.
Ukraine? Mykraine

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Yeah that’s gonna happen sooner or later. Even the H9 would probably be fine for me. I’m starting to plot for one more ‘Endgame’ amp. The Peavey is awesome. I love this amp and will never be without one ever again. That being said, I think the only other thing I could purchase at this point would have to be a SLO. So I think major purchases are going on hold for a while. Pay down this driveway and concrete I bought, get my SW card cleared and a couple other things and then maybe next year or the year after.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

You know how I feel about the SLO :lol:

Between it and the H90 I don't even turn my other amps on these days.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:22 pm
Spaced Out Ace wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:57 pm The H90 would be cool if you could run more than two algorithms at a time. Especially for $900.

I've yet to run in to a scenario where I need more than 2 algorithms at once. Most are made up of several effects that work together as one algorithm.

Like the Spring algorithm has spring reverb and tremolo similar to what a Fender combo would have. Most of the reverbs and have delays integrated in...

I use a plate reverb at all times so my sound isn't so dry and direct sounding, so there goes one algorithm. I do also like to have two delays cascade into each other on occasion. I just find the "2 algorithms" -- regardless of how many effects any particular algorithm might have -- to be too limiting for $900.

It does seem to sound good, though.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:32 am
Vladimir Putin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:22 pm

I use a plate reverb at all times so my sound isn't so dry and direct sounding, so there goes one algorithm. I do also like to have two delays cascade into each other on occasion. I just find the "2 algorithms" -- regardless of how many effects any particular algorithm might have -- to be too limiting for $900.

It does seem to sound good, though.
There are a lot of reverbs that have delays on the same algorithm. The Spacetime algo has dual delay and reverb.

idk I'm sure there is a scenario where one would need more than 2 but having played with it for a while now I haven't run across it. It's not meant to be an all-in-one pedal so I don't waste an algorithm on overdrives, or compressors because I have much better versions of those on my board.

Hell the delays, reverb, and micropitch alone are worth the price.
Ukraine? Mykraine

bleedingwhiskey

Post by bleedingwhiskey »

Alright, y'all got me curious about micropitch harmony with my Jet City amps. I found a variation of it on my Line 6 Helix. It does the micropitch, but only + or -, not both. I went with - and holy hell does this sound good! I could only imagine how much better Eventide's stuff sounds! Yeah, a Soldano voiced amp with this effect is dead on mid 90's Van Halen, but I swear, I think Dean Deleo used an effect like this with Stone Temple Pilots first album. I'm immediately getting Core tones with my LP Standard and my Jet City 100LTD. It's almost crazy how close I'm getting to his tone on that album with the micropitch effect. I don't really have a use for this effect in my sound, but damn it's fun to play with! I want the real deal now :lol:

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

bleedingwhiskey wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:45 am Alright, y'all got me curious about micropitch harmony with my Jet City amps. I found a variation of it on my Line 6 Helix. It does the micropitch, but only + or -, not both. I went with - and holy hell does this sound good! I could only imagine how much better Eventide's stuff sounds! Yeah, a Soldano voiced amp with this effect is dead on mid 90's Van Halen, but I swear, I think Dean Deleo used an effect like this with Stone Temple Pilots first album. I'm immediately getting Core tones with my LP Standard and my Jet City 100LTD. It's almost crazy how close I'm getting to his tone on that album with the micropitch effect. I don't really have a use for this effect in my sound, but damn it's fun to play with! I want the real deal now :lol:
I believe Dean used a Rocktron Intelliverb. Either the 8-voice chorus "Octopuss" or the CRS Slapverb says the internet. But it is is quite similar to a micropitch in sound, I agree.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds awesome :love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband