DSL, SD1, Metalzone, Riffin'

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
nightflameauto

DSL, SD1, Metalzone, Riffin'

Post by nightflameauto »

Had the week off for the wife's birthday and to take care of some family shiz and decided I was gonna spend a day riffin' out.

Here's the first bits of a tune I'm working on, the Enemy Within. It's a tribute to a character from my books, about what it's like to live forever, and suffer every moment for the last 579 years, then running smack dab into hope.

https://theleehousehold.com/mp3/EnemyWithinDraft1.mp3

I feel I could tighten that up a bit before the final version happens.

This one's just fun throbbery, but I liked the way it sounded so I kept it. With bass.

https://theleehousehold.com/mp3/JustSmashThings1.mp3

Both are just four takes per side. Metalzone on one, Keeley SD-1 on the other, Broughton Audio EQ dealy thingy on two takes per side, off for two. Drums is all GGD Nastier than Thou with a little extra EQ tossed on.

So, how's everybody been doin'? Barely have the time to check in these days. A week off allows me a moment. LOL.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: DSL, SD1, Metalzone, Riffin'

Post by Guitarbilly »

The tracks sound great man. DSL is always a win.
It's been slow here lately so you didn't miss much. I mean, I've been fucking around with my gear, but that goes without saying. :lol:

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Sounds dope. DSL's are awesome.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

shits are rockin

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:40 pm The tracks sound great man. DSL is always a win.
It's been slow here lately so you didn't miss much. I mean, I've been fucking around with my gear, but that goes without saying. :lol:
Have you tried a DSL yet? :cop:

:wave: Nice seein' ya bros.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Sounds awesome!! I ain’t gonna lie, when I was 5150 shopping Motor City had two JCM 2000 DSL 100s and I was severely tempted. But I knew if I plugged into one it would have come home and my goal was a 5150. Still, though… may have to get one back in the stable for more modern Marshall tones. And if I do recording again it should mix well with the 5150.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

greatmutah, I'd love to hear a DSL and a 5150 slamming the same mix.

I'm starting to think my fifteen minutes of, "Shove this bass in here and layer the guitars like so," turned out to be one of my better overall guitar/bass combined tones ever. That second clip has something going on in it that just gets me giddy, even on my shitty work headphones. And the bass is literally just a clean track with the mids scooped, and a Kazrog fiddy plugin with the mids pushed. That's it. And my shittiest bass ever, a Glarry I haven't even leveled the frets on yet.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Hey NFA!!!! I dig the vocals on the first clip!!! ROCKING GOOD!!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:51 am Hey NFA!!!! I dig the vocals on the first clip!!! ROCKING GOOD!!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Thanks, bro.