SLO 30 quick clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Chris Z

Re: SLO 30 quick clip

Post by Chris Z »

Jesus, Billy. That was one of the best SLO demos I've ever heard. No YT compression and it sounded glorious.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Chris Z wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:28 pm Jesus, Billy. That was one of the best SLO demos I've ever heard. No YT compression and it sounded glorious.
The SLO is so good even the potato phone stopped sucking :lol:

Thanks man!!!

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

I liked the SLO30 I had but didn't love it. The Crunch channel with a boost was worth the price of admission though for me. I agree that those 30 watts will easily hang with a loud drummer. Oddly enough, I do love the SLO Synergy module. I find it to have more gain available and to be a little tighter.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

eyeball987 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 pm I liked the SLO30 I had but didn't love it. The Crunch channel with a boost was worth the price of admission though for me. I agree that those 30 watts will easily hang with a loud drummer. Oddly enough, I do love the SLO Synergy module. I find it to have more gain available and to be a little tighter.
I love the SLO Synergy module too. It was my favorite module, along with the Friedman BE/BB module.
I'm actually thinking about building another Synergy rig eventually. I still have a rack power amp and my G-Major here so I just need the preamp and modules, so it wouldn't be expensive to do it.

But I do love this amp too :love: :lol:

flimz

Post by flimz »

Good to know the amp can hang with a loud drummer. I had a Fireball 25, and was very surprised at how well that amp held together at high volumes. It kept gaining volume till about 7 on the master, which was very loud! Seems like the SLO 30 does as well.

Have you boosted it? To tighten up the lows?

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

My other guitar player has a FB25 and uses it for our band practices and shows. He also has a PB2 that he mainly uses for his other band. 25 watts is plenty loud!
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

flimz wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:04 pm Good to know the amp can hang with a loud drummer. I had a Fireball 25, and was very surprised at how well that amp held together at high volumes. It kept gaining volume till about 7 on the master, which was very loud! Seems like the SLO 30 does as well.

Yeah on the clip I posted from 0:33 to 1:19 it's boosted with the SD1. The SLO doesn't really need it though. I just do it so it allows me to run the gain lower for ryhtm parts.

I also have a Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini, which is 20w and it also hangs with the drummer without issue. I am starting to think it has more to do with the design. When you have high-end companies like ENGL, Friedman, Soldano etc designing these smaller amps, they don't seem to struggle at all. It's the Blackstar 20s of the world that struggle :lol:

bleedingwhiskey

Post by bleedingwhiskey »

Yeah, I'm definitely considering an SLO-30 down the road. Now if someone would just buy my LP Classic :lol:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Guitarbilly wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:55 pm
flimz wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:04 pm Good to know the amp can hang with a loud drummer. I had a Fireball 25, and was very surprised at how well that amp held together at high volumes. It kept gaining volume till about 7 on the master, which was very loud! Seems like the SLO 30 does as well.

Yeah on the clip I posted from 0:33 to 1:19 it's boosted with the SD1. The SLO doesn't really need it though. I just do it so it allows me to run the gain lower for ryhtm parts.

I also have a Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini, which is 20w and it also hangs with the drummer without issue. I am starting to think it has more to do with the design. When you have high-end companies like ENGL, Friedman, Soldano etc designing these smaller amps, they don't seem to struggle at all. It's the Blackstar 20s of the world that struggle :lol:
I enjoy the variety of tones available. Can run straight Overdrive with the gain bumped, back off the gain and use a boost, switch to normal crunch and hit with a boost… they’re all so good.
Ukraine? Mykraine

gibson5413

Post by gibson5413 »

Awesome and your playing is always great!