Lewitt mics

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ElDirtySanchez

Lewitt mics

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Has anyone used their mics? I've been interested in the LCT 440 for vocals and acoustics, but I got a pretty good deal on the 240 Pro from Musicians Friend and I can't say no to cheap mics.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

RaceU4her

Re: Lewitt mics

Post by RaceU4her »

that 240 is supposed to be great. i have a dtp 340 that for reasons unknown ive not messed with much, think ill bust it out and see whats up

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I have a 240 and a 440. Great mics. I do most of my wife's vocals with the 440 these days.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Did you use it on your recent album, because those vocals sounded good.
I know I'll end up buying a 440 as well, those are priced well and sound clips I've heard, they sound great.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:19 pm Did you use it on your recent album, because those vocals sounded good.
I know I'll end up buying a 440 as well, those are priced well and sound clips I've heard, they sound great.
I did. All the vocals were recorded with that mic. It's a very clear, open sounding mic and it takes a lot of SPL. Kimmi is a loud singer and she clips a lot of mics. The only 2 I found that can handle her volume is the 440 and the Shure SM7b. I like them both for the 440 has more clarity.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I have a couple of lct 240s. Had the 440 at some point. They sound good. I use them mainly for overheads, vocals, and acoustics, and they do well on all of those sources. Sometimes I’ll use one on guitar too and it works great there too.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

sounds like a made a good choice on the 240, thanks guys