Sunn Sonic I cranked up

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
RaceU4her

Re: Sunn Sonic I cranked up

Post by RaceU4her »

it does sound horrible, but it is "that" sound and would work glorious in the right spots

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Don't be surprised if a bunch of longer haired doom stoners start aimless migrating to your neighborhood :lol:

lol

Post by lol »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:33 am I remember trying a Electro-Harmonix Mig 50 at a small music store. They hooked me up to a Budda 412 closed back cab and the speakers flubbed out once I cranked the amp.

When I brought my Ceriatone Model Tee (Sunn Model T clone) to the rehearsal studio and hooded it up to their Crate 412 cab... the same thing.
The few Fender combo amps, that I've played, also flub out when cranked.

Most Sunn amps are very squishy and for some reason -that's beyond my comprehension level- they (and some other amps) really do sound best through high wattage speakers.
I'm certain that there's a scientific reason for this!!! :nerd:
Hmm that is super interesting. Sadly I cannot put it to the test now as I moved the amp along :o
RaceU4her wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm it does sound horrible, but it is "that" sound and would work glorious in the right spots
I wrote one song that this amp would have been perfect for one part. :o
FAKA! wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:23 am Don't be surprised if a bunch of longer haired doom stoners start aimless migrating to your neighborhood :lol:
I think the guy that bought it might have been a doom fan since he wanted it lol.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

RaceU4her wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm it does sound horrible, but it is "that" sound and would work glorious in the right spots
That’s how I heard the clip too lol

It does “that” tone super well
Ukraine? Mykraine