D’addarios

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

Re: D’addarios

Post by ninjaraf »

I feel like there is an easy solution to this lol.

Also, these are the cheapest, most trash strings I've ever used. They corrode so quickly for me that the fact that you can get 3 sets for $12 doesn't even matter.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Ernie Ball or gtfo :usa:

string joy - overrated/priced hipster crap
DR - instant garbage
D'addario - sucks to suck

Elixers are nice but too expensive
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

NYXLs you fucking poors
Ukraine? Mykraine

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I am a fan of String Joys! They're smooth, and they don't charge me extra for custom sets for drop B lol. NYXLs seem pretty popular. EB Cobalts were my string of choice for a long, long time until they stopped letting me order custom sets during Covid shutdowns. Also tried clear tones recently, and they were cool until I broke 2 of them in the same week!
Last edited by ninjaraf on Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

bleedingwhiskey

Post by bleedingwhiskey »

I've been using D'Addario EXL strings for my electric guitars for 20 years now and never had an issue with tone, longevity, or durability :idk:

I've only ever tried the D'Addario NYXL string on my Balagure Scumden as that is what they came with new from their shop. I didn't really like them. They sounded pretty much the same as the EXL strings, but they felt harder to bend and manipulate. Maybe I just needed a better setup on the guitar? I haven't bothered trying them again. I don't have any issues with the EXL strings so I couldn't really justify the higher price tag of the NYXL set.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

They've been my favorite strings for a long time.

Was a lifetime user of the Boomers until someone back in the GAB days recommended D'Addario. I use the EXL and have never looked back.

I will say I'm very tempted to try stringjoy but they're double the price. Never tried NYXL but I dislike Ernie Balls

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

This thread was kind of a joke, but not really.

I'm still hooked on boomer thin core 10-52. they're just RIGHT.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

spawnofthesith wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:43 pm Ernie Ball or gtfo :usa:

string joy - overrated/priced hipster crap
DR - instant garbage
D'addario - sucks to suck

Elixers are nice but too expensive
The only strings I've consistently gotten in the packs with rust on them is Ernie Balls..... never had that happen in 20+ years with D'addario.... I've never tried string joy, didn't seem worth the extra cost
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

bleedingwhiskey wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm I've been using D'Addario EXL strings for my electric guitars for 20 years now and never had an issue with tone, longevity, or durability :idk:

I've only ever tried the D'Addario NYXL string on my Balagure Scumden as that is what they came with new from their shop. I didn't really like them. They sounded pretty much the same as the EXL strings, but they felt harder to bend and manipulate. Maybe I just needed a better setup on the guitar? I haven't bothered trying them again. I don't have any issues with the EXL strings so I couldn't really justify the higher price tag of the NYXL set.
The Balaguer SD guitar was pretty shitty tbh. I don't miss that thing at all. Try them on a good guitar, not some import piece of shit.

I'll reiterate one more time. NYXLs you fucking poors.
Ukraine? Mykraine

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

Am I the only one that uses black fingernail polish to color the ball ends?