F greenbacks

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Re: F greenbacks

Post by Maddnotez »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:28 pm Are these the ones you went with?

https://celestion.com/product/heritage-series-g12h75/

Yeah, I'd personally keep the T75s in the Uberkab because Reinhold designed the amp with them in mind. Their cleaner, tighter low end will counteract the mid honk and top end sizzle of the V30s.
Yes and I think you're spot on.

It's unfortunate WGS discontinued their 75s because I like them mixed with v30 quite a bit.

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 pm I am not a fan of the Heritage Greenbacks either. Super fizzy. The regular 25w GBs are great and they're what I think of when someone mention GBs.
Should have got those, plus they're cheaper but I saw a lot of people saying Heritage is the way to go.

Either way, the T75s are going back in and I'll just try to resell the GB if they aren't returnable
Last edited by Maddnotez on Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 pm I am not a fan of the Heritage Greenbacks either. Super fizzy. The regular 25w GBs are great and they're what I think of when someone mention GBs.
It's so hard to explain. Especially mixed with a V30, it's just way more tame...and if you could try to explain the sound of "fizz" which is ridiculous in itself, I would say it is some type of organic fizz.

I'm sure these are great for other styles with other amps but definitely not for me

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

yeah man, those are the polar opposite of what you need for that amp. Those heritage GBs are great for cleaner amps like Plexis that benefit from the extra bite of the speaker breaking up... not so much when you're looking at a modern high gain amp like the Uber.

If anything you might like the 75watt Creambacks but honestly I'd just stick with the T75s like he designed the amp around.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm yeah man, those are the polar opposite of what you need for that amp. Those heritage GBs are great for cleaner amps like Plexis that benefit from the extra bite of the speaker breaking up... not so much when you're looking at a modern high gain amp like the Uber.

If anything you might like the 75watt Creambacks but honestly I'd just stick with the T75s like he designed the amp around.
I like Scimback M75 and BM75LD as well but yeah, just throwing the t75s back in. Not trying to go down a speaker rabbit hole. The cab sounded fine, was just hoping for some magic recipe and failed.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm honestly I'd just stick with the T75s like he designed the amp around.
This is a great point. He voiced the amp for this cab with these speakers so that's probably the best bet, and honestly the clips you made with the stock cab sound great so it seems to reaffirm his design choice.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Maddnotez wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:44 pm
Vladimir Putin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm yeah man, those are the polar opposite of what you need for that amp. Those heritage GBs are great for cleaner amps like Plexis that benefit from the extra bite of the speaker breaking up... not so much when you're looking at a modern high gain amp like the Uber.

I like Scimback M75 and BM75LD as well but yeah, just throwing the t75s back in. Not trying to go down a speaker rabbit hole. The cab sounded fine, was just hoping for some magic recipe and failed.
Bro you had the magic recipe and you tried to change that :D

Stick with your tried and true setup.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:47 pm
Maddnotez wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:44 pm

Bro you had the magic recipe and you tried to change that :D

Stick with your tried and true setup.
I need to waste money on stuff though. I'll stick with useless pedals.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Just pick up an Eventide H90 and you'll be set :D
Ukraine? Mykraine

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

I only have one in a recording 4x12 with three other different speakers so I don’t really know how they sound on their own, but mic’d up it’s my least favorite celestion out of the 8 or 9 I have here, just too gritty and loose and not good for anything modern sounding

dstroud

Post by dstroud »

I’ve had a 1960BX cab as my main cab for about 15 years. Did a gig where I used my head and a 1960a cab was provided. I freaking loved it!! Bought a used 1960A cab and after recording and hearing it in the room. I much prefer the 1960 with the standard 75s. Much clearer and actually much easier to record. I’m using Marshall plexi and JCM800 style clone amps.