NPD X2 and Pedalboard reimagining... *Update with completed Pedalboard*

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Marc G

NPD X2 and Pedalboard reimagining... *Update with completed Pedalboard*

Post by Marc G »

after using an absolutely minimalist pedalboard in one of my cover bands it got me thinking.... how can I scale back my big ass board that I use in my main cover band but still get the same/similar sounds..... so after I did the math and checking what I already had in my pedal collection I just needed a couple additions....

I really like the regular pinnacle I had on my big board.... the deluxe V2 adds an independent boost that's like a one knob Tube Screamer and god bless Wampler for dialing in that boost to exactly how I like my TS pedal to be set, so you just adjust the level and that's it..... the Keeley Caverns may be way more fancy a Reverb/Delay I'll need for my basic Reverb/Delay needs but frankly, it was the cheapest option I could find that combined reverb and delay in one pedal....

so after an afternoon of tearing my old board apart and playing pedal Tetris.... this is where I am now

the gap on the board is for a Morningstar MC3 midi controller that on order, I hope to get it in the next week or so... this will allow me to recall presets on the HX One.

annnnnnd I got the MC3 this morning.... WAY easier to program than I thought it would be... while I didn't have much presets to program in to it... I only took about 15-20 to get things the way I needed them to be

Last edited by Marc G on Wed May 01, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

ElDirtySanchez

Re: NPD X2 and Pedalboard reimagining...

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Nice ! I really like the caverns , I just use it mostly for a basic spring reverb and use a light delay. I bought it for the same reason , least expensive for the two in one.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

bonano

Post by bonano »

What’s that box on the top-right?

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

bonano wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:09 pm What’s that box on the top-right?
an Input/Output box I made to run the pedalboard in 4CM... it uses switching TRS jacks so if you need to use an amp that doesn't have an effects loop you just use the Effects Return output and it automatically puts all the pedals in series...

you can get the wiring diagram and parts from here

https://www.vertexeffects.com/diy-interface
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Pretty good man. The Classic Jr is my ideal board size.
The Pinnacle Deluxe is great. I wish it had a solo volume that could be linked to the boost section though. But it's cool as is.
I know a lot of players using the Caverns for basic delay and reverb,, it seems to be a popular choice now. I have to try one out.

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:25 pm Pretty good man. The Classic Jr is my ideal board size.
The Pinnacle Deluxe is great. I wish it had a solo volume that could be linked to the boost section though. But it's cool as is.
I know a lot of players using the Caverns for basic delay and reverb,, it seems to be a popular choice now. I have to try one out.
what i find funny is the Caverns is so much more than a basic reverb and delay.... it can get REALLLL spacey with the modulated delay and shimmer reverb.... I'd almost say it does that kinda stuff better than the basic delay and reverb settings, not that the basic settings are bad, but the shoegaze atmospheric stuff is pretty amazing... IMO

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah I think it's made for the shoegaze type stuff but it's cool that you can dial it down and get good basic tones too. A lot of the shoegaze pedals are all or nothing.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Nice!! Always wanted to check out the caverns
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Marc G

Re: NPD X2 and Pedalboard reimagining... *Update with completed Pedalboard*

Post by Marc G »

bump to show the "final" version of the board in the OP

spawnofthesith

Re: NPD X2 and Pedalboard reimagining... *Update with completed Pedalboard*

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sweet, just checking out the morningstar, looks cool I like that it uses 1/8" jacks.

I'm a total noob to midi switchers. I guess I'm trying to wrap my head around how these smaller units benefit over the baked in preset switching on the HX one? I guess first and formost you don't have to be tapping two buttons at once on the HX one... but what are some other improvements of using an external switcher?
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband