Got my broken cab today yay. Is this fixable?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Got my broken cab today yay. Is this fixable?

Post by Maddnotez »

Pretty annoyed with this. Used Uberkab from Sweetwater, guy said there were no issues, maybe UPS dropped it.

Called SW immediately but have to wait a couple of days because their support people are gone. I'm going to be extremely pissed off if they can't get UPS to come to my house and pick it up but do you think it's fixable?

maggotspawn

Re: Got my broken cab today yay. Is this fixable?

Post by maggotspawn »

That looks screwed, I would be pissed. Hope it works out.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

maggotspawn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:00 am That looks screwed, I would be pissed. Hope it works out.
Yeah im not happy at all. :rofl:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Easily fixable. Wood glue and corner clamps. But if you bought it new from SW let them exchange it and deal with it.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:20 am Easily fixable. Wood glue and corner clamps. But if you bought it new from SW let them exchange it and deal with it.
I posted on rigtalk as well and somebody else mentioned that same idea. Unfortunately it was a used cabinet from Sweetwater. I have to wait a couple days to see what they're going to say if they give me an insane partial refund and let me keep it I'll try to fix it otherwise I'm just going to return it if they allow me to. That really sucks because now I have to spend another $300 for a new one

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

It still sounds really sick though I'm curious how much that split is affecting the sound of the cabinet

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I wonder if you can get a ups shipping claim open. That freakin sucks man, sorry to hear
Ukraine? Mykraine

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:49 am I wonder if you can get a ups shipping claim open. That freakin sucks man, sorry to hear
Yeah it's a bummer and a hassle. Don't want to jump to conclusions, I'll see what Sweetwater has to say in a couple of days.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I'd say get UPS to kick in $500 or so and then do what Billy said above. Wood glue will fix it right up. Hell, tell them it's totaled, get the full replacement value then order a new one from Sweetwater :idk:

But yeah, that def looks like a UPS bonk.
Ukraine? Mykraine

jamminjohn

Post by jamminjohn »

Wow! That sucks.

Yeah, file your claim- see what they are willing to give or compensate.

Try to keep old cabinet- make repairs

Get replacement cabinet

Profit?