2024 Gear Goals!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
JSutter

Re: 2024 Gear Goals!

Post by JSutter »

Sell off seldom used gear. A few pedals and amps can go.
Use what I have more. I just rearranged the jam room. 2 half stacks wired with boards & drum kit are ready to rock. Thinking about a bass rig, I have some things tucked away in the basement.
It's been ages since I've had someone over. That needs to change.
There are a couple pedals I'd like, not in a hurry there.
General maintenance, change strings, ect. Been slacking. Use more tunings instead of multiple guitars in the same tuning.

overdrivenel34s

Post by overdrivenel34s »

I plan to sell some things this year including Jet City 2212c combo, some alesis alpha powered speakers that i haven't used forever, and maybe a few pedals.

I'd like to get another guitar this year but i don't have any specific ones in mind yet. I know i have enough guitars with slim necks and nickel steel frets (that have years of wear). So a guitar with a very chunky neck guitar with stainless steel frets (which on the guitars i have with them i love) would be appealing to add to my collection. Also, ideally not too heavy in weight as i prefer playing lighter guitars on stage.

Also, was thinking of maybe getting a coaxial powered wedge stage monitor. Some i was looking at included EV PXM-12MP, Db Technologies FMX12, LD Systems MON 10 A G3

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

No gear goals for me! I think I have everything I need, so I am at a point where I want to have some gear cash set aside for the right pieces, if anything comes up.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:21 pm No gear goals for me! I think I have everything I need, so I am at a point where I want to have some gear cash set aside for the right pieces, if anything comes up.
This was really my thought for the year. I am sort of planning on using just credit card cashback at the end of the year to facilitate some sort of gear purchase. But, for the time being, my guitars are good (for me, most people would probably hate them), my amp sounds great and I have a hard time justifying spending 3 times more expensive for the same sound.

I might fuck around with pickups a little bit this year, specifically on my LP, but on the otherhand, it pairs really well with my Strat output wise which will be nice for gigging.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Lukeburke1

Post by Lukeburke1 »

My goal for this year is to get my first real Marshall-type amp. I’ve had two Friedmans and a Mini Jubilee, but I want something closer to the real thing.

Just need to sell my Bad Cat first, and then figure out which model is best for me
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Gibson SG-3
Gibson Les Paul Special
Marshall JCM 800 2204—Emperor 2x12 (UK Vintage 30s)
Vox AC30HWH—Janice Cabs 2x12 (Greenbacks)

bonano

Post by bonano »

RaceU4her wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:43 pm my goal is to not buy anything lol
+1

I need to focus on the music-playing and -making than gear hoarding.

2tallmusic

Post by 2tallmusic »

Currently there are no real goals. I should sell one or two amps because of space issues in my basement and I would like to consolidate the PA by getting a better mixer. But other than that I have the feeling I have everything I need. And in addition, the mere thought of maintaining more guitar stuff starts to stress me.

jamminjohn

Post by jamminjohn »

My goal is to play out more this year. I got a new LesPaul at the Thanksgiving sale at GC. The Black cherry one. It's beautiful and plays so nice. I'm playing through a Boss GX-100 and two Katana heads each with a 1x12 cab. G12K100 spkrs in each cab. Stereo baby. I built my own cabs and pedal board. Been going through so many iterations of pedals and board sizes. Keeping it simple to get on and off stage.

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

I'm set in terms of guitar/bass gear. There's times where I'd like a Spector 5 string, but I haven't wanted one bad enough to drop that kind of coin on one. I also want a solid state backup for my SVT, but it also hasn't been a priority.

Most of my upgrades are in terms of live sound. I'm in the middle of converting from 16 to 24 channels, need to upgrade drum mics, another vocal mic, and eventually want better tops for my PA.