When is the last time you broke a string playing LIVE

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
billelzebub

Re: When is the last time you broke a string playing LIVE

Post by billelzebub »

Umm...October and it was the last song of our set. I always bring at least 2 guitars, I am a chronic string breaker.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 am
Endtime wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:53 am I’ve broken at least 5 this year. I think we played 20 shows. So about 25% of the time!
Yo! Glad you rejoined forum 2.0!!
:D Thanks Bill

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

billelzebub wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am Umm...October and it was the last song of our set. I always bring at least 2 guitars, I am a chronic string breaker.
Same. As in the chronic string breaker. I just physically come down hard at the bridge. I’m playing heavy music so yo me it’s just part of the deal. But a few weeks ago I broke the string on the last song with about 1:30 left. I really considered just making a scene and tossing my guitar around and giving em a show! Haha. Just cause it felt like why worry about the last minute? But I liked that guitar too much to trash it. Also I’ve broken a string within 30 seconds. Haha. Even tho if I go thru my backup too, I’ll just have to restring it on stage, it actually has never happened yet but I’ll be surprised if it never does where I’ll have to fix the broken string… Hopefully not this weekend! Hah