School me on pedalboard power supplies

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Re: School me on pedalboard power supplies

Post by spawnofthesith »

Ok... I'm trippin out now, I've been using the voodoo pedal power plus 2 for like 8 months now. Before buying and when I was doing my due diligence I could have sworn that it had two 500ma outputs, but now everything I'm seeing online either doesn't list it or says 250ma :confused: :confused: :confused:

My RC-500 (330ma) and HX one (400ma) both operate perfectly from those outputs with no discernable difference from a "full draw" :idk:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah it would be interesting to measure what is the actual consumption of these pedals. Companies usually overstate the consumption by at least 15-20% just to be on the safe side.
It is possible that VL also underrated their 250mA taps for safety reasons.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:12 pm Ok... I'm trippin out now, I've been using the voodoo pedal power plus 2 for like 8 months now. Before buying and when I was doing my due diligence I could have sworn that it had two 500ma outputs, but now everything I'm seeing online either doesn't list it or says 250ma :confused: :confused: :confused:

My RC-500 (330ma) and HX one (400ma) both operate perfectly from those outputs with no discernable difference from a "full draw" :idk:
They're definitely rated at 250mA which is why I steered away from VL. Otherwise I love their products.

That said, I've run my HXFX off my ISO5 along with several other higher draw pedals. Unfortunately the H90 did not like it which lead to this new one.

which just arrived today thanks to AJ and the fine folks at Sweetwater.
Ukraine? Mykraine