Boss re-202 - post honeymoon

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
broslinger

Boss re-202 - post honeymoon

Post by broslinger »

This is the best damned delay ever.

Boss knows delay.

I tried to play my skrecho today, and it sounded like pure ambient soup in an annoying way. I put the re202 back in acter like three minutes.

The boss is just tuned so nicely. It compresses and ducks just right. I almost didn’t want to keep the boss upon first playing, but now I can’t quit this masterpiece.

Fwiw, if you like “this will destroy you”, this is jeremy galindo in a box. (Fwiw, he has been playing an re20 for over a decade)
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

spawnofthesith

Re: Boss re-202 - post honeymoon

Post by spawnofthesith »

Yup, mines almost always on for the past 16 months :love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I need to buy one of these. It's been on my list forever.

Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm curious how you'd feel about the Eventide H90 delays/reverb. Instant post rock king status from my experience.

I still love my Skrecho but it's hardly been used since I got the H90.

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

Dave wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:40 pm I'm curious how you'd feel about the Eventide H90 delays/reverb. Instant post rock king status from my experience.

Funny you mention Eventide after I mentioned TWDY. One guy used the RE-20 while the other guy used the Eventide Space.

Personally, I'm biased against Eventide. I won't get into it, but I was disappointed by the Black Hole and the Rose delay.

That doesn't mean the Space and H90 don't sound badass, I just can't get back into Eventide. :(

Back to the Skrecho; I have always LOVED mine, but the Boss RE202 just sounds so freakin good. I couldn't plug it back in fast enough. I'm not even playing my EAE Sending Analog ATM. The Boss is that good.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

Dave

Post by Dave »

broslinger wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 pm
Dave wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:40 pm I'm curious how you'd feel about the Eventide H90 delays/reverb. Instant post rock king status from my experience.

Funny you mention Eventide after I mentioned TWDY. One guy used the RE-20 while the other guy used the Eventide Space.

Personally, I'm biased against Eventide. I won't get into it, but I was disappointed by the Black Hole and the Rose delay.

That doesn't mean the Space and H90 don't sound badass, I just can't get back into Eventide. :(

Back to the Skrecho; I have always LOVED mine, but the Boss RE202 just sounds so freakin good. I couldn't plug it back in fast enough. I'm not even playing my EAE Sending Analog ATM. The Boss is that good.

Understandable. The H90 is next level compared to all of their previous offerings in both sound quality, range of effects (includes all of the previous algorithms plus new ones), and ease of use but if you're not in to the brand then you're not in to it.

Interesting to hear the RE202 has you shelving your Skrecho. Maybe I need to go try the Boss.

primeholy

Post by primeholy »

Dave wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 pm

Understandable. The H90 is next level compared to all of their previous offerings in both sound quality, range of effects (includes all of the previous algorithms plus new ones), and ease of use but if you're not in to the brand then you're not in to it.

Interesting to hear the RE202 has you shelving your Skrecho. Maybe I need to go try the Boss.
Rubato strongly disapproves
fuck

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

primeholy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:27 pm
Dave wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 pm

Rubato strongly disapproves
Mikhail from Калифорния is of no concern
Ukraine? Mykraine