More 5153 el34 tones/clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

More 5153 el34 tones/clip

Post by Endtime »

100 watt of course I imagine most know that in here by now. But it’s a gear forum so yeah figured I’d put the gear each time.

So after the last bat episode I put the 16 ohm Evh Celestions in one of my custom made cabs. Short story it rules. Still in the honeymoon of how good it sounds. I also have written a ton of songs between 2 projects that one of em isn’t really happening anymore, cause as usual a grown man decides to be a douche. And I really don’t think it was me! Lol.

So that was an “extreme” thrash project. And this one is a death metal band. Not a huge difference but I did make attempts to kinda steer them at times. So anyway, this song was written for the thrash project that isn’t going and it always kinda skirted the line anyway, so I tried to kick it up to death metal levels. Still needs some work and I already hear how I can steer it better into death metal.

But this is my first TRUE recording with this cab and those speakers. Always start bare minimum. Just a single sm57… It’s definitely portraying some of the balls this cab has in the room.! I would say the song is done the ending may or may not stay, I just sorta kept riffing after the original song was over which is after the end solo, so I added it for now.. we’ll see

5153 https://app.box.com/s/jy7lbve4zjkiedki1maalhz9qom2cj2v

6505 https://app.box.com/s/io6bijk7n9d6jgvxk3hlwnqr86aizezf
Last edited by Endtime on Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ninjaraf

Re: More 5153 el34 tones/clip

Post by ninjaraf »

Sounds awesome! The bass and mix are killer!
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Mike Oxhuge

Post by Mike Oxhuge »

Sounds amazing, song and tones might be my favorite of yours yet! Especially love the dirgy riffing near the end. :rawk:

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Thanks dudes.. AND then my6505, even with its weird issues.. When you just playin no frills in the loop and just hit the front end with SD1. its still the most brutal shit I got.. And this is green channel boosted with the sd1.. Same mic and speakers..

https://app.box.com/s/io6bijk7n9d6jgvxk3hlwnqr86aizezf

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:19 pm Sounds awesome! The bass and mix are killer!
just eh bogren one knob bass thing.. Don't like the one knob amp things, even tho they are 5150s.. But the bass is good.. Drums Ive been back into Invasion and just dialing in the tones little by little.. I like having the control.. I actually use almost all my processing in Kontakt.. Ad just use its mixer for the drums.. All their EQs ad comps are high quality.. Plus they have a tape saturator which works great on drums.. Snare and toms have that and it was the final step. For now lol

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

haha yeah, always for now! That's cool the bass one knob thing is good. I may give it a try. I grabbed the one kit wonder brutal kit when they had a sale recently, and like it. Different from the metal kit, but good for a different drum sound. I still have invasion, maybe should get more into that, but the one kit wonder stuff has been working fine for the little time I have to record these days.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

id take the 5150 by a slight margin.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

I updated both clips. I maybe shouldn't have changed the original 5153 clip.. I didn't alter the tone much.. I was just trying to get some of the 6505 bottom end girth.. But the 5153 has PLEBTY of bottom, its just tighter and in a slightly different place.. Its punchier no doubt and even in the 6505 clip the center guitar is still the 5153.. But its just there to fill up and not really heard.. but green boosted thru the cabin basically it for me, if I'm being honest.. I love how it sounds.. 5153 can maybe still be a bit better.. But just one 57, I think the 6505 wins out to me

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, there's that 6505 low end happening for sure!! I always thought that bigger low end records great...well, I guess not always, but ever since I tried the Archon. Sounds awesome. I think this is a really great comparison that is very representative of the differences between the 2 amps when you listen back to back.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Yeah I do feel it’s a pretty fair comparison. The thickness of the low end of the 6505, especially the green channel is truly what separates. It’s not so much BIGGER. Cause the5153 el34 has a lot of low mids. But the 6505 just a bit more compressed in the lows so it stays thicker thru out. And I’m sure the boost plays a bit of a role in compressing it. I would honestly say the el34 has a deeper low end but when tracking the 6505 green just feels huge. And thru this Wünder Cab! Haha. It’s a sledgehammer and steamroller all in one. I really feel like the hand of god thru this rig. Either head really. But it just slams so ridiculous. Never had a cab/speaker combo truly hit This big and have no mud or too bloated feel in the lows. It feels and sounds solid in the low end at all times, it’s just always gut punching.