Sunn Enforcer + GGD Contenders plugin 🔥

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
FAKA!

Sunn Enforcer + GGD Contenders plugin 🔥

Post by FAKA! »

Well I got to mess with the Contenders on Sunday and g'damn... I think I just found my set and forget cab for recording shit. I like what the master eq switch does and am pretty happy with the thick tones I'm getting with em overall.

As for the clip, it was from a riff challenge from Sunday, the drums are kinda whacked here n there... but its for shits n giggles so whatever... I had fun. As for the Sunn Enforcer, I was blending both channels. Channel A is like cleanish Fender clone and Channel B is basically a JCM800 is what I read. Whats funky about the amp is you can have both channels engaged the same time, each has their own channel volume and the Fender side doesnt get all high gain, its sounds more doom/muddy the gain turned up. Its a cool amp for sure.

ElDirtySanchez

Re: Sunn Enforcer + GGD Contenders plugin 🔥

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Riffs and tones sound great! I like the ease and simplicity of the GGD stuff, very little needs to be tweaked to get usable tones.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Sounds really good man. Wasn’t sure what to expect with a Sunn. But I could work with that!

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Woah, not super familiar with this Sunn. No pedals?

Tone is fucking awesome and not what I was expecting at all!

Y'all killing me with this Contender stuff :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:37 pm Riffs and tones sound great! I like the ease and simplicity of the GGD stuff, very little needs to be tweaked to get usable tones.
Thanks man and I totally agree. It was nice not needing to tweak anything and really liking the finished mix
Endtime wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:16 pm Sounds really good man. Wasn’t sure what to expect with a Sunn. But I could work with that!
Yeah its kinda cool man, Without that clean channel mixed in I guess it sounds kinda JCM800 ish. This amp makes me want to play more sabbathy stoner for sure hahaha
spawnofthesith wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:29 pm Woah, not super familiar with this Sunn. No pedals?

Tone is fucking awesome and not what I was expecting at all!

Y'all killing me with this Contender stuff :lol:
Nah I was boosting it with a ts9 But it would have sounded more sabbathy without it. As for the Contenders if you are running a load box I would at least demo it. After 10 years of trying everything under the sun im pretty happy.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

its wild that there are still amps out there which i dont even know exist that rip lol

vickno

Post by vickno »

Great ! Both the sound and the riffs.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Wow that's great tone man. I need to look this amp us.
Video awesome too :lol:

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Sick!!!

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Damn it!!! Sounds like you won't be selling that Enforcer anytime soon!!!

FAKA! Always kicking arse!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd