I'm impressed/astonished/confused/disgusted about ancient bands still performing?

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
long standing member

I'm impressed/astonished/confused/disgusted about ancient bands still performing?

Post by long standing member »

Shit, I've been getting youtube shorts showing The Rolling Stones, who are in their 80's!!! :eek:
ZZ Top and the Eagles are well into their 70's!!!!! :eek:
Bob Dylan is 83....

this site: spinditty lists a bunch of them still performing.

I sure as hell don't remember when I was young hearing about bands performing at those ages!

A Youtuber called Pegasus (I think) demonstrated that Don Henley (76) is lip synching his performances
The Eagles' Long Goodbye tour tickets were as much as $630.

So, I've got a lot of respect for the geezers.
Nothing wrong with getting on stage and making tons of $$$.

I just can't wrap my head around it.....

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: I'm impressed/astonished/confused/disgusted about ancient bands still performing?

Post by Guitarbilly »

When I was growing up, it was the Blues and Jazz guys that were performing at those ages, rock simply wasn't old enough for that to happen yet.

But yeah I get it. I'll be doing this for as long as I can. Obviously since I'm not famous it will probably stop earlier than these guys since I don't think a lot of bars/small venues want unknown artists in their 80s :lol: