NHD!!!

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
Landshark

Re: NHD!!!

Post by Landshark »

congrats! its fun when its a "new" house and you're still excited to do projects :lol:

after 14 years in my current home, the thought of moving makes me ill thinking about starting all over again.

currently finishing up new concrete footers for deck posts, hauling dirt and concrete chunks to the back of my yard/woods to dump, and dethatching/overseeding/watering lawn. the falling leaf apocalypse is just starting ... :freak:

good luck with your projects and hope you keep the enthusiasm for a long time!

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Congrats. Practice space at the house will be killer.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Thanks guys!! This is kind of an old post. A spammer bumped it up the other day and it came back to life. :lol:

I've been in the new house since July now. I still haven't had the chance to work on converting the garage, but we've seen having practice in one of the bedrooms here that I converted to a studio/music room, blocked off the windows to keep most of the sound inside etc. It's been great. The neighbors are cool and we had no noise complaints at all.
We have a huge backyard with a good distance from the neighbors.
Overall I'm very happy with the new house. I've moved a lot on the past 10 years. 3 years in Vegas, then 2 in PA, then 3 in Rockville, MD and we're finally in a place where we can see ourselves staying for the long run.