New Ceriatone FAS..... a SLO 100 Clone

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
iff

Re: New Ceriatone FAS..... a SLO 100 Clone

Post by iff »

RaceU4her wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:26 pm
iff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:56 am
Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:18 am Hmm I might buy this :hmm: did they post a price yet?
Apparently $1800 for 100W, $1650 for 50W.

damn, i was gonna say if its $2k they should do pretty well. knock a few hundred off for im sure the used ones that will end up popping up and hmm :hmm:
Yeah the price is great. The C3 kits cost more than that, though to be fair those are priced way high. :lol:

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

iff wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:56 amBlack tolex = USD 50 upcharge.
TRIGGERED!!!!!
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

fastredponycar

Post by fastredponycar »

This will be awesome if he got the sound right. The SLO has SUCH a specific sound and feel that no other amp I've plugged into has. The big question here is what does the wiring inside look like and what are the transformer specs?

A couple guys I know who have built SLO's (Kurt Granger and Bruce at Brit-Tone) have both said that if the wiring isn't done a specific way and laid out just right, it will throw off the sound.

The transformers though are the heart of the SLO sound and Bruce had to disassemble and reverse engineer a pair of DeYoung's in order to get the proper specs for the ones in his amps that Heboyer build for him.

But yeah, really curious how they sound. I may hit up Nik to see if he would be willing to send me a 50w version to put up against my 50w Brit-Tone.
Too much junk to list with 255 characters. :facepalm:

Check my gear reviews
https://www.youtube.com/@FastRedPonyCar

iff

Post by iff »

fastredponycar wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:18 pm This will be awesome if he got the sound right. The SLO has SUCH a specific sound and feel that no other amp I've plugged into has. The big question here is what does the wiring inside look like and what are the transformer specs?

A couple guys I know who have built SLO's (Kurt Granger and Bruce at Brit-Tone) have both said that if the wiring isn't done a specific way and laid out just right, it will throw off the sound.

The transformers though are the heart of the SLO sound and Bruce had to disassemble and reverse engineer a pair of DeYoung's in order to get the proper specs for the ones in his amps that Heboyer build for him.

But yeah, really curious how they sound. I may hit up Nik to see if he would be willing to send me a 50w version to put up against my 50w Brit-Tone.
Do you know if Brit-Tone is still making amps? I was looking a while back and hadn't seen anything from them in a while.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

iff wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:26 am
Do you know if Brit-Tone is still making amps? I was looking a while back and hadn't seen anything from them in a while.
My understanding is that he stopped taking orders, but from time to time he makes a couple and post them on Reverb. The amps are great, possibly the best as far as SLO clones go.

fastredponycar

Post by fastredponycar »

iff wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:26 am
fastredponycar wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:18 pm This will be awesome if he got the sound right. The SLO has SUCH a specific sound and feel that no other amp I've plugged into has. The big question here is what does the wiring inside look like and what are the transformer specs?

I haven't talked to Bruce in over a year but last I heard, he was having major supply problems due to Covid.
Too much junk to list with 255 characters. :facepalm:

Check my gear reviews
https://www.youtube.com/@FastRedPonyCar

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Still?! Seems like those issues should be well resolved by now.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Curious how close Nik got to the actual SLO. Agreed with the above comments that the SLO is super specific. I haven't heard any of the clones match the tone, and more importantly the feel of the SLO.

That said, Nik makes incredible amps so if anyone can do it I'm sure he is the one.
Ukraine? Mykraine

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

FAS with racing stripe... I may just have to!!!
Attachments
452119411_10233585673001828_1486635839606440208_n.jpg
452119411_10233585673001828_1486635839606440208_n.jpg (137.22 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd