Just chug 5153 el34 100 watt

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Just chug 5153 el34 100 watt

Post by Endtime »

There's a certain "style" and tone in this amp I don't experiment with much. And I should even tho Im really not a chug player.. I use em of course, but rarely just revolve around chug riffs.. But Im learning with this amp, or even MY specific amp the upper mid can just get a touch much with any TREBLE settings above 1 o'clock. Including the presence.. Also when doing that little trick of running the blue channel gain higher which adds even more aggression and bite to the RED channel.. But keep both channels gain around Noon. And EQs at noon but actually DROP the treble and presence a touch. They are jut a bit below noon.. And its just all percussive attack. Its weird cause one does get used to that presence being a little higher on a 5150 of any kind, just cause it doesn't do shit until 7-8 on the dial.. But with this amp, its kinda dark in those highest frequencies but the tone isn't dark id say.. Anyway, to me its weird cause when I scoop the mids control a bit and add treble the amp basically has MORE upper mids.. Which to me is MIds! haha But turn kids up and treble down, its less aggressive miss and just adds this punch that really is a gut kick in the room. So they are actually more interactive than I really used em as.. Cause it totally changes the character. VERY modern sound to me

Just a 57 on 1 g12-65.. LAME ass riff I just made up.. Sorry about that.. Im not a chugger! haha

https://app.box.com/s/fnijjfp1i510qjlopxb88a07t0jcop5z

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Just chug 5153 el34 100 watt

Post by Guitarbilly »

Sounds great man!! Interesting about the EQ settings. I play Marshalls mostly and the EQ on older Marshalls change the feel more than the tone. Although the newer ones (jvm, dsl) have a more effective EQ.
I really need to try the 100w evh 34.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I wasn’t super big on my 50 watt EVH but I wouldn’t rule out the 100 watt EL34 Stealth. That is a killer amp and would probably do more of what I want it to do. Sounds great, man, but your stuff usually does lol.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Wow, I never thought much about it yeah... You are not really a chug riff kinda guy huh? With that said cool but definitely not your average Endtime shit lol

Btw loving the shit out of that GGD contenders. You are right, that mastering switch has some special shit in it... I find myself not needing to mess with low or high pass filters anymore and it just sits right in a mix without any real tweaking. Good call man.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Sounds great! These amps are hard to beat for this shit.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds great!
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

FAKA! wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:55 am Wow, I never thought much about it yeah... You are not really a chug riff kinda guy huh? With that said cool but definitely not your average Endtime shit lol

Btw loving the shit out of that GGD contenders. You are right, that mastering switch has some special shit in it... I find myself not needing to mess with low or high pass filters anymore and it just sits right in a mix without any real tweaking. Good call man.
Yeah, I’ll have times where the tone just suggests it’ll be fun to chug and I turn it up and just have fun that way! Which is pretty much what inspired this little recording. It really was gut kicking tone. Plus I had it up louder than I rehearse with the band! So it was more just for the Sonic and physical experience, than creating sumthin cool. That’s the dichotomy of “chugging” To me. There’s a certain amount of fun and satisfaction with a tone that really hits and just keep choking down on those palm mutes. But when I try to use it in songs, it feels sorta lame…

Anyway, good to hear on the contenders plugin. As of now it is something I’m still using often even tho I mic’d the cab up for this clip!

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Endtime wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:19 pm There’s a certain amount of fun and satisfaction with a tone that really hits and just keep choking down on those palm mutes. But when I try to use it in songs, it feels sorta lame…
I totally get what you mean but I do it anyway hahaha... At this point its just embedded in me since I was teen.. when I think about it, it was the chugging that would attract me to a band. For me it started in 7th grade with Judas Priest You got another thing coming.. then Metallica with For Whom the Bell Tolls and when Speak English or Die came out that was it... the final ingredient / inspiration for me. I just love that shit lol

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Super dope. I spent a lot of time with the 50w and LOVED that amp. I can only imagine how the 100w is in comparison.

I'm really looking forward to the EL34 Iconic that's about to drop. Awesome clip though