Clip Ownhammer vs GGD

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ElDirtySanchez

Clip Ownhammer vs GGD

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I ended up getting the GGD Contenders pack and wanted to try it out against Ownhammer. I used the Mar TV with SM57/ 121 from the GGD and used a Marshall 4x12 w/ Greenbacks from Ownhammer with the same mics.
Isolated I could hear some slight difference in the mids but in a mix, I don't notice.
Used my PRS Mira>Krank Chadwick> Captor>Cubase> Two Notes WOS. The left side is the Ownhammer, right is the GGD. On the solo, it starts with the Ownhammer then changes halfway through the solo to the GGD. Used some random backing track I took off youtube.
I do like the ease of the GGD and they all sound great. After using a bunch of ML Sound Labs, York Audio, Ownhammer and the GGD pack, if I could only buy one IR pack, it would definitely be the GGD. You get a good mix of cabs, easy to use and all mics yield great sounding ready for a mix tone.

Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Clip Ownhammer vs GGD

Post by Guitarbilly »

Damn it sounds great. Both sides sound really good so maybe for the IRs it's a tie? There was maybe very slightly more highs on the left side but it's really subtle.
But I have to say again, the Chadwick sounds awesome. This amp had been completely out of my radar until you posted clips of it a while ago, probably because of the brand association with really high gain amps. I really want to try one now. It sounds like an old Marshall.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Thanks Billy, the difference is more apparent when listening to them isolated. The GGD has more in the mids, but in a mix , I can't really tell a difference.
The Chadwick was definitely a sleeper of an amp. I'm glad I've now got the captor and can try it through all these other IR's because through my cab, it sounds okay. Through a nice greenback IR, it really sounds great.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

that sounds great. ive heard a few great sounding chadwick clips through the years, used to be able to find them for $4-500, wish i snagged one

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Sounds really good man. I picked up that contenders pack also and I got to say they sound fkn good. Most of the presets are great as is and the mastering switch really does its thing great. Not tweaking anything cab wise since I got em. Good stuff.

Caulk Rocket

Post by Caulk Rocket »

Not enough shrieking mancunt.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Yeah I can barely hear a difference :lol:

Sounds great though. Still one pick these up to try
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

Both sound great. The differences are subtle enough I had to use my fancy headphones and really dig-in to hear it. Sound good in the mix too.