It was just a matter of time….

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

It was just a matter of time….

Post by Endtime »

Before I finally felt an IR actually was the sound I wanted! First off, I keep forgetting about this place. But I got these new GGD “contenders series “ IR plugin. I haven’t been THAT into their other ones. They are seemingly engineered counter to what I usually want. I’m sure they work great but they weren’t more than a quick placeholder if I used them. But this new “pack” was engineered by someone else other than Nolly. And that’s not a knock on him, I just hear things much different than apparently he does. And this new pack had an EVH cab along with 8 others and I always find the Evh cab IRs to pair with the 5153 el34…

Anyway, 5153 el34 red straight in. Only using IRs… New song . Blablabla

https://app.box.com/s/juezyqgxj6hkahtlh3tvxwk5z439oah5

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: It was just a matter of time….

Post by Guitarbilly »

Sounds killer man. Great tone and song. I especially liked the more melodic part that starts at around 1:40. The whole song is great but that section stood out to me.

I have to check out this IR pack. I think it could work for me as well, even though I play a radically different style than this. But I think it would work well with the Marshalls.... I like where these frequencies are and I don't hear that high end "ssshhh" that I normally hear with IRs. Good stuff.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Yeah that tone sounds great and I like the song, I'll have to check out the GGD stuff.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:13 pm Sounds killer man. Great tone and song. I especially liked the more melodic part that starts at around 1:40. The whole song is great but that section stood out to me.

I have to check out this IR pack. I think it could work for me as well, even though I play a radically different style than this. But I think it would work well with the Marshalls.... I like were these frequencies are and I don't hear that high end "ssshhh" that I normally hear with IRs. Good stuff.
Yeah there is def more in the highs. AND lows to be honest. The other GGD packs were so mid heavy and flat sounding outside of the mix. And I know this standard “wisdom” these days is it all
Gets cut out but I think they made their packs sound flat by doing that. These feel very close to me. And they have a good selection of Marshall with greenbacks, v 30s, Mesa cab, Uber cab Evh Friedman. Etc. Plus I like the way this plugin is setup. And if you make a master chain of a couple cabs, which I did. You can export out that mix into your own custom IR and load it into your IR loaded.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

First off...This song fucking RIPS dude!!! Killer riffs, perfect transitions, this open ringing note part is so sick and gives you that sorta creepy vibe. Fast and aggressive parts, slower more ambient parts, melodies, trem picking. Maaaaaaan....FUCK! Absolutely fucking LOVE it! Feels like a return to form after the last couple years of Slayer type stuff! This little break at 3:45!!!!! WTF lol...

The tone is killer!! I would never have thought this was IRs if you didn't say it.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ElDirtySanchez wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:16 pm Yeah that tone sounds great and I like the song, I'll have to check out the GGD stuff.
Thanks man. They have some good stuff. This is the first IR thing I’m truly liking. They have a v30 one and a Greenback IR before this which are decent too.

They have some pretty good drums. This is actually their drum library too. “Invasion”. Which is a little more raw to start out with and is more for those like me who like to mix it to taste. But they do this “One hit wonder” kits that are processed and sound pretty much like most would want. They just released a new One hit wonder “Brutal”. And what makes them a good option is clearly they have pretty high quality and the price for these are in the $50 range. So it’s a good price to quality ratio. Worth trying for the few bucks!
ninjaraf wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:09 pm First off...This song fucking RIPS dude!!! Killer riffs, perfect transitions, this open ringing note part is so sick and gives you that sorta creepy vibe. Fast and aggressive parts, slower more ambient parts, melodies, trem picking. Maaaaaaan....FUCK! Absolutely fucking LOVE it! Feels like a return to form after the last couple years of Slayer type stuff! This little break at 3:45!!!!! WTF lol...

The tone is killer!! I would never have thought this was IRs if you didn't say it.
thanks man! I am pretty happy with the tune so far. Meaning still need Vocs! But they are being worked on. In fact this song was way more thrashy just a few days ago. Lol. We were doing vocals and not that they weren’t turning out good but as a dude who writes a lot of songs, it only takes one little thing to open up a new idea. And just how the vocals were shaping up I heard a different way to play this and changed a few notes, and some drums and, to me, it immediately is 100% better. It was a good solid start and I kept telling Rob (vox) that I was gonna end up tweaking this song just wasn’t sure how . And the i inspiration hit and it was one of the few times in the last little while where you truly hear sumthin and I was able to execute and bring it to life even BETTER than my mind heard it. When I found that last little change, I got giddy almost. Lol. I used to always get excited when you find that little part that makes everything better.. And it’s honestly a great feeling

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Dude this is awesome! Definitely more the vibe I normally think of from you. Great work man!
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

yeah this is the best one in a while, killer

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

RaceU4her wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:00 am yeah this is the best one in a while, killer
Thanks man… Honestly a part of that is most of what I post is early versions of songs. Like any song, it has to be refined and gone Thru and in the old way of things, which I loved, practiced over and over and all these little tweaks reveal themselves until the song is dialed in. So since it’s just a little forum, I’ll post a song once I finish it. Sorta a rough draft really. But this one I’ve had for a few months and I knew I needed to get in and find some shit and I happened to succeed! So that helps make it more “finalized”. Perhaps. Idk. Lol

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:56 pm
RaceU4her wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:00 am yeah this is the best one in a while, killer
Thanks man… Honestly a part of that is most of what I post is early versions of songs. Like any song, it has to be refined and gone Thru and in the old way of things, which I loved, practiced over and over and all these little tweaks reveal themselves until the song is dialed in. So since it’s just a little forum, I’ll post a song once I finish it. Sorta a rough draft really. But this one I’ve had for a few months and I knew I needed to get in and find some shit and I happened to succeed! So that helps make it more “finalized”. Perhaps. Idk. Lol
:mad: :mad: :lol: