WHAT A D_CK!!!

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

WHAT A D_CK!!!

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: WHAT A D_CK!!!

As of this past January, if your song doesn't hit 1000 streams in one month, you don't get paid. 999 streams = no money
I wonder if this is what he meant by, “the cost of creating content” is “close to zero” ???

My band averages 700-800 streams a month on Spotify. I know I should be playing Top 40 but, I also know I should also be getting paid for the streams.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

I had to reply to his X post... not that it will have any effect and, I'm sure he'll blow it off... or delete it.
Attachments
reply to dannyboi 6-11-24.jpg
reply to dannyboi 6-11-24.jpg (138 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm As of this past January, if your song doesn't hit 1000 streams in one month, you don't get paid. 999 streams = no money
I wonder if this is what he meant by, “the cost of creating content” is “close to zero” ???

My band averages 700-800 streams a month on Spotify. I know I should be playing Top 40 but, I also know I should also be getting paid for the streams.
I just wanted to say congratulations on the streams! That's really cool.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

linthat22 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:35 pm
I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:50 pm As of this past January, if your song doesn't hit 1000 streams in one month, you don't get paid. 999 streams = no money

I just wanted to say congratulations on the streams! That's really cool.
Thanks, but it ain't cool when you don't get paid and that douche bag fucktard has 4BILLION. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Seriously, where's the incentive for a young kid to save money, buy an instrument, learn how to play, learn how to be in a band, write songs and then record songs when you KNOW you will never make any money unless you're on a major label playing top 40???
I mean, I don't expect to earn a living off the crap my band does but, it would be nice to get some gas money once-in-a-while, FFS!!!!

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Spotify is a cancer and their CEO is a massive cocksucker.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

^^^^ :clap: ^^^^

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

We ditched Spotify a few years ago for Tidal, not sure if that is any better? Let alone any streaming platform for artists. I'm guessing they all suck for paying artists.

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

This shithead suffers the same thing my dad sometimes suffers from. When you deal with millions of dollars on the regs, you have a hard time wrapping your head around the idea that the peanuts the plebes complain about not having enough of are actually money. So, sure, to him? 5k of equipment is pretty much zero. Kinda like the Earth is a little blue dot. It's a matter of scale.

That said, fuck this guy for not having the brain-power to filter out shit that will literally piss off every single person he's stepping on to make his millions.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

linthat22 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:51 am We ditched Spotify a few years ago for Tidal, not sure if that is any better? Let alone any streaming platform for artists. I'm guessing they all suck for paying artists.
I really don't know why ASCAP or BMI don't start their own streaming services.