Friedman IR-D with the SD-1

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Friedman IR-D with the SD-1

Post by Guitarbilly »

Caulk Rocket asked about it so here it is:

Pretty good I think. Hard to go wrong with the SD-1 for anything really.

Endtime

Re: Friedman IR-D with the SD-1

Post by Endtime »

I have no idea what that is, but sounds legit. With “IR” in the branding I would think it has IR loading capabilities but that sounded thru some sort of speakers. It was it computer monitors? I know I can look this all up, but yeah. I don’t care that much cause that jot an item geared towards me but SOunDs good anyway!

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:10 pm I have no idea what that is, but sounds legit. With “IR” in the branding I would think it has IR loading capabilities but that sounded thru some sort of speakers. It was it computer monitors? I know I can look this all up, but yeah. I don’t care that much cause that jot an item geared towards me but SOunDs good anyway!
Yeah it's a Friedman tube preamp with IRs. Pretty cool pedal. Not something I'd use in place of my amps but it's a cool option for DI when that's needed. And yeah I'm just playing it through my computer monitors :lol:

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Tube? Well that’s pretty cool. With Surface mount components, and I don’t know if that’s what this is, but many pedals use it anyway, that does seem like entire amps pres with tubes and all can be shrunk down and shoved into a pedal without much issue.

VTM

Post by VTM »

Liked and commented on Youtube.

:rawk:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:23 pm Tube? Well that’s pretty cool. With Surface mount components, and I don’t know if that’s what this is, but many pedals use it anyway, that does seem like entire amps pres with tubes and all can be shrunk down and shoved into a pedal without much issue.
Yeah that's exactly how it's done. I think he took a bit of the technology he's using on the Synergy modules and just adapted it to pedal form.

Caulk Rocket

Post by Caulk Rocket »

It almost feels like an extra channel. You can tell when it's on, but it's not adding anything unnecessary.

I personally use the MXR M77 with all my British flavored amps. I also have the SD-1 in a box somewhere and this little OD-1 clone.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

yeah that sounds great. what IR is it?

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

RaceU4her wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:53 am yeah that sounds great. what IR is it?
It's one the stock IRs that came pre-loaded in the pedal. I think it's a Friedman cab with greenbacks

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

If it's his "bare" cabinet, it seems like it is sort of implied that it is Eddie's old cabinet from back in the day. I think if memory serves, George Lynch may have owned it at one point, perhaps.
Last edited by Spaced Out Ace on Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.