I'm Not a Fan of The Dollar Shave Club

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
Ryandistortion

Re: I'm Not a Fan of The Dollar Shave Club

Post by Ryandistortion »

Ugh! This pisses me off! I am almost out of sea spice lime (first love) and I ordered the "Heather". Not what I expected. Smells like nice soap. I miss the oak moss and the addictive quality of sea spice lime. I would have bought this roman spice and will probably try black watch next.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Heather has a real old school, 1920's thing going on. I use it once-in-a-while but, it's def not in my top 10.
I like Black Watch better than Heather, Sea Spice Lime is tough to beat... it's the best.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Ryandistortion

Post by Ryandistortion »

1920s soap is a good description. It's nice and smells fine. Just doesn't blow my skirt up as far as scent goes.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

The Roman Spice arrived today... it's got a clean, citrus smell with what smells like their Spiced scent (not the Sea Spice Lime).
The g/f likes it.
For me, the scent works in the shave soap but, I'm not sure I'll be using the aftershave toner too often because, I wasn't too keen on their Spiced a/s..

ROMAN SPICE SOAP - I read an Aug 2023 article by Mantic59 about Caite's Bubbles 10th Anniversary soap called "X". He raved about its unusual lubricating qualities so, I had to buy a tub. It seemed to have the same ingredient that's used in the lubricating strip on Gillette multiblade cartridges. The soap created a thick, goopy lather that was amazing. A few months later, I bought a tub of Seaforth! Black Watch and it too, had that ingredient.
Roman Spice also has the ingredient and in a larger amount. LOVE THE SOAP!!!

GreatMutah: I remember that you like the Spiced aftershave so, I think you would like Roman Spice.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Ryandistortion

Post by Ryandistortion »

Yeah. That's the Italian coast theme.

My heather has a different consistency to my sea spiced. The new highland cow something ingredient. Makes the soap softer and easier to get more on my brush. Had some of my best lathers with the new formula heather.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I still need to order some Sea Spice Lime. I do like the regular spiced so the Roman may be up my alley.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.