Fireball clip

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Re: Fireball clip

Post by Maddnotez »

That sounds 👌 🔥

Love that tone. I think the first clip sounded the best. That 2nd one from December however sounded a lot nastier. Guess it just depends on the vibe you're going for but I liked the first one.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Engl does sound tighter . But not necessarily In a good way. It feels kinda restrained almost . Does this have any volume behind it? The latest Evh 100/50watters really are some of the best high gainers at lower levels. I still prefer opening it up, but that’s kinda what I’m hearing here. Like a low volume level high gain amp. And it’s lacking sumthin in the highs so far, for me. I know Engl usually loads v30s in their cabs but I know it ain’t the Mesa 8 ohm v30s which I have a hard time even getting that presence I like with any of my PVs thru em! So idk.. Speaker choice too, might be a little off

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

But the tone isn’t bad. I could see it being cool for more trem picked black metal for instance. I know it your thing. Lol. But it’s a “colder” sound. It’s narrower sounding in this compared to the Evh. Which sorta represents a more refined sound too. But I could hear this tone being really good for some things. And I did prefer the 57s over the 57/pr30 combo. Maybe try it with one mic. The Fredman is technically about phase cancelling highs. For old school PVs, a lot of people prefer that. Maybe it’s removing that little bit of presence that would give it a bit more width and depth…

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah that’s a good way to put it. It feels restrained. This had some volume, the amp gets loud a lot faster than the evh, so control was at like 2. Which is maybe 3/4 of my band practice volume. I need to try it at practice again and see if I’m hearing that. And yes the high end isn’t ass aggressive or present or something. Like you said, maybe restrained. Could for sure be speakers. I still have lots of things to try with it though. All in time. But I mainly got this to play with the band, and it sounds great there. I’ll get some video next practice…Wednesday. And then I’ll play it on stage Friday and get some of that too and we’ll really see how well it does.

But yeah the evh is like the perfected 5150, which is ideal anyway haha.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.